Kurtis Jestes scored a game-high 25 points as No. 17 Mount Hebron defeated host Linganore (1-4), 83-64, yesterday in boys basketball.
Kevin Tonkins added 16 points.
The Vikings (5-0) expanded their two-point first-quarter lead by outscoring the Lancers by 11 to take a 38-25 halftime advantage.
* Atholton 82, South Carroll 54: D. J. Chiles, a junior forward, scored 16 points to lead Atholton (4-1) past South Carroll (1-4). Senior swingman Tony Stewart added 14 for the winners.
* Loyola 78, Oakland Mills 61: Tim O'Hara scored 24 points ahost Loyola (4-3) defeated Oakland Mills. Bill Grothmann and Matt Neumayer each added 13 for the Dons.
* Gibbons 70, Hammond 41: Jerard Rucker had 24 points to lead No. 4 Gibbons (8-2) past visiting Hammond (1-2). Rucker, a 6-foot-2 senior, also had four rebounds, three assists and six steals.
;/ Tucker Peterson led Hammond with 14 points.
* Glenelg 48, Liberty 29: Junior point guard Kim Brown scored 10 points to lead Glenelg past Liberty. Sophomore guard Jill Younce and senior forward Christina Flowers each chipped in eight points for the Gladiators.
* North Harford 53, Oakland Mills 46: North Harford (4-1) built a 32-19 lead by halftime and outlasted host Oakland Mills (2-3).
Melissa Singleton and Amy Caldwell scored 17 and 16 points, respectively, for the Scorpions in a losing effort.
Melissa Anderson and Nicole Bogarly each scored 14 points for North Harford. Anderson also collected 10 steals and Bogarly made five.
* Western 80, Edmondson 29: Chanel Wright, a junior guard, scored 17 points and five steals to lead top-ranked Western past Edmondson in a 4A City-Wide League game. Tesha Tinsley, a junior guard, added 14 points and seven rebounds for Western (5-0, 3-0).
* Northeast 69, IND 59: Northeast (3-2) made four three-point shots in the last 3:15, including two by Jen Johansen, to defeat visiting IND (3-5).
Johansen led all scorers with 24 points and also grabbed 12 rebounds.
* Poly 75, Forest Park 32: Senior guard Angela Brice scored 16 points to lead No. 19 Poly (4-2) to a rout over visiting Forest Park.
* Mercy 51, Spalding 46: Christina Williamson scored 14 points and grabbed 17 rebounds as Mercy downed visiting Spalding in a Catholic League game. Meg Kline also contributed 14 points for the Sharpshooters (4-2, 2-0).