The 4-year-olds at St. John's Cooperative Nursery School will perform a unique holiday show today for their parents and grandparents.
Teacher Jane Soverns will direct her morning class in "The Cutest Little Christmas Pageant Ever," featuring Alyssa Vain-Callahan as Mary and Brian Williams as Joseph. Brian Kristaponis, Cal Perry, Vincent Marsiglia and Todd Swidowich will star as shepherds; Courtney Amelung, Megan Hauf, Joshua Kamm and Joshua Jacoby as twinkling stars; and Kristen Turk, Billy Criss, Brittany Stracke, Denny Patrick, Kimberly Cross, Freddie Parsons, Autumn Bergman, Gregory Twist, Krista Tabor and Tim Redman as the musicians in the angel band.
Between presentations, Kamm will recite "T'was the Night before Christmas" to Snoopy. Nicole Chilipko will sing a solo, "I'm Gettin' Nuthin' for Christmas."
Soverns' afternoon class will present "Snoopy Visits the North Pole" at 1 p.m. Stanley Topa will be the "pint-size" Santa who shows Snoopy around his workshop. Jordan Kennedy, Jimmy Monskie, Matt Lubaszewski and Mike Clevinger will be marching toy soldiers; Carlinn Hall and Leah Hartley, baker elves; Michael Thorn and Dustin Hewes, carpenter elves; Kelly Topita and Ashley Gast, candy cane elves; and Margaret Bladey, a teddy bear elf. Mathew Wetzel will portray a penguin visiting from the South Pole. Samantha Cummings and Amanda Middleton will be singing Christmas trees when Frosty, played by Adam Schelhouse, appears.
Tammy Chilipko's class will perform its version of "The Christmas Story" at 2:15 p.m. This version features two kings and one queen visiting the baby Jesus.
Kimberly Acton will star as Mary and Brian Noratel as Joseph. Erin Hall will portray the donkey in the stable.
Other characters are an angel, played by Carolyn Cone; shepherds RJ Quinlan and Michael Strickland; night visitors Taylor Smith, Brian Thomas and Jacob Talbott; Christmas trees Matthew Skrenchuk and Katie Neighoff; and teddy bears John Cook and Tony Legambi.
The production includes several singing parts. Kyle Murray plays a star and sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"; Ellis Stamegna and Stephen Neese are the Snow singers; and Katie Murphy sings a solo, "Away in the Manger." The show ends with Kelly Feeheley singing "Silent Night."
Barbara Bernheimer's class is putting on "Barbara's Beary Merry Christmas" at 11:15 a.m. Her student performers are Christopher Biggerstaff, as Frosty the Snowman; Michael Lombr and Caitlin Haddaway, as Christmas trees; Patrick Walsh and Paul Bicknell, as penguins; and Gregory Wellham, as Santa Claus. Amanda Bornheim, Brittany Luhman, Allison Ports, Seth Bova, Stephanie Custodio and Peter Flack are members of the Angel Band.
Stephanie Norton and Matthew Zipp will sing a duet, "Up on the House Top." A poem, "Teddy Bear Turn Around" will be performed by Nicholas Hampe, Derek Soderstrom and Andrew Cassidy.
Adeline Bradshaw will accompany each class on piano.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will make two trips to the Cooperative Nursery School for holiday festivities. On Wednesday, the 72 4-year-olds will greet them, and on Thursday the duo will visit the school's 45 3-year-olds.
A Christmas concert will be presented at North County High School at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the school. The concert band, jazz ensemble and chorus will perform Christmas music to put everyone in the holiday spirit. All are invited.
The donation is $1 at the door and there will be baked goods and crafts for sale.
Local churches have announced their Christmas Eve and Christmas Day schedules. All are invited to attend.
* St. John Lutheran Church, 300 W. Maple Road, is having the following services on Friday: 11 a.m., carols and Holy Communion; 5 p.m., a Christmas Eve service for children; 7 p.m. and 9 p.m., worship services that include carols, readings and Holy Communion; and 11 p.m., a festival service which includes a musical presentation, brass accompaniment and Holy Communion.
* Friendship Church of the Brethren, 217 Mansion Road, will have two services on Friday, a 7 p.m. informal family service followed by refreshments and an 11 p.m. candlelight service.
* Family Eucharist, carols and a Sunday school Nativity pageant will take place at St. Christopher's Episcopal Church at 7 p.m. Friday. Carols and music will begin at 10:30 p.m. followed by the Christmas Mass with special music at 11 p.m. The Christmas Day Eucharist service is at 10 a.m.
The church is on Marydell Road, off West Maple Road.
* Peace Lutheran Church, 416 Wellham Ave. has announced the following schedule for Friday: a 5:30 p.m. service for families; a 7:30 p.m. contemporary service with guitar and keyboard; and an 11 p.m. traditional service with organ music. The nursery will be open for the first two services.
* St. Philip Neri Catholic Church will have Christmas Eve Masses at 5 p.m., 7 p.m. and midnight. Christmas Day masses are at 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. There will not be a 5 p.m. Mass on Christmas.
The church is at 6405 Orchard Road.
* Ferndale United Methodist Church, 117 Ferndale Road, is having two services on Friday. There will be a 6:30 p.m. family service, followed by a birthday party for Jesus. A candlelight service with Communion will be at 11 p.m.
* Fellowship Baptist Church of Ferndale will have a Christmas Eve service at 6 p.m. in the senior center, 7205 Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. The congregation will go caroling in the neighborhood at 8 p.m.
* The Linthicum Heights United Methodist Church, 200 School ** Lane, will have three Christmas Eve services: a 7 p.m. a family service; a carol service at 10:30 p.m.; and a candlelight service at 11 p.m.
Everyone is invited to attend a series of classes on child rearing at the Church of Christ, 2 Eastern Ave., in Fernglen Manor. Classes are at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays through the end of January.
For additional information, call 761-3795.