If we had to do the holiday shopping for some of TV's most popular characters, what would we get?
* Detective Andy Sipowicz of "NYPD Blue": Long-sleeved, pinpoint Oxford dress shirts from Lands End.
* Detective John Kelly, "NYPD Blue": Boxer shorts -- because we're tired of seeing your backside. Well, some of us are tired of it.
* Maggie O'Connell, "Northern Exposure": Although she never would admit it, Maggie would go goo-goo over Robert James Waller's "Slow Waltz in Cedar Bend."
* Dr. Joel Fleischman, "Northern Exposure": Maggie, while high on Waller.
* Marilyn, "Northern Exposure": For the woman who does nothing, the Remote Control Watch that controls the television from your wrist. Marilyn would never have to move again.
* David Letterman: A gift certificate to Home Shopping Network. (Don't think, just go crazy with it, Dave.)
* Conan O'Brien: A monologue.
* Larry King: A day job.
* Roseanne Arnold: Since she and her husband jokingly want to marry a woman and have a three-way marriage, how about a boffo prenuptial agreement?
* Burt Reynolds, "Evening Shade": "My Size Barbie Doll."
* The "Baywatch" cast: Turtlenecks for everyone.
* Frasier: A life.
* Murphy Brown: Anything she wants.
* Andy Griffith, "Matlock": Barney (Fife) doll.
* Jerry Seinfeld: Howard Stern's "Private Parts."
* George, "Seinfeld": Subscription to Glamour -- George's magazine of choice when entertaining himself in the privacy of his own home.
* Kramer, "Seinfeld": Vacuum hair trimmer system. Wait -- he already has one.
* Kathie Lee Gifford: An all-expenses-paid retirement.