* Comcast Cablevision appointed Barbara A. Gehrig as regional vice president for finance.
* Towson Town Center named Gregory Walton assistant manager and Leigh Keiser an assistant marketing director.
* Phillips Publishing International named Pablo Varela general manager of its printing and fulfillment services division.
* AlliedSignal Technical Services Corp., of Columbia, selected Rosemarie Mecca as director of health information services.
Legal and professional
* Katz, Abosch, Windesheim, Gershman & Freedman, Baltimore-based accountants and management consultants, announced that Deborah Edmonds and Christine Mayer have joined the firm as staff accountants.
* Kamanitz, Uhlfelder & Permison named Darlene L. Odem-Scruggs and Alicia C. Wilson staff accountants.
* Semmes, Bowen & Semmes announced that Gregory K. Thoreson, a member of its bank practice group, was named a partner.
* Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver appointed Jerome D. Carr as a partner.
* Northwest Hospital Center has chosen Dr. Norris L. Horwitz as vice president for medical affairs.
* Genetic Therapy Inc. named Dr. Stephen G. Marcus vice president, clinical and regulatory affairs.