1. Ryan Homes will hold the grand opening of its New Haven model Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 18 and 19, at Grace Harbour in Havre de Grace, where the company is building eight different homes.
A 1,225-square-foot split-level home, the New Haven comes with three bedrooms, one full bath, a living room, dining room, kitchen and an unfinished lower level for $117,400.
The kitchen and dining room can be combined to create a 12-by-19-foot country kitchen at no additional cost.
The New Haven model can include a finished lower level with a family room, two additional bedrooms and a full bath. This option costs $9,500.
The largest house Ryan is building at Grace Harbour is the Vandenburg, a 2,324-square-foot, two-story model. Standard features include four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a 13-by-19-foot first-floor family room and a first-floor laundry room.
Selling for $163,900, the Vandenburg also comes with a two-car garage, living room, dining room, a 20-by-13-foot kitchen/breakfast room, six-panel interior doors and an unfinished basement.
The least expensive two-story home is the Stafford, with three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, a first-floor family room, living room, dining room, two-car garage and laundry hookup in the unfinished basement for $132,900.
Some lots in the Harford County community have a view of the Chesapeake Bay.
The sales office is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Take I-695 to I-95 North to a right on Route 155 (exit 89). Go eight-tenths of a mile to a right on Canvasback Road to the information center on the left.
* Builder: Ryan Homes.
* Phone number: 893-7919.
* Developer: Harford Properties Inc.
* Base price: $112,900.
* Style: Traditional, split-level, two-story.
* Number of homes: 90.
* Lot sizes: One-fifth to one-quarter acre.
* Square-footage: 1,225 to 2,324.
* Options: Fireplace, bay windows, deck, brick front, master bath in split-level.
2. David S. Brown Enterprises last month opened models of the three-level, garage townhomes the company is building at Lyons Gate in Owings Mills.
All the townhomes will have brick fronts and sides. Models with walk-out basements will be all brick.
Buyers can choose between inside units with a kitchen on the front or a 21-by-14-foot country kitchen on the rear. Country kitchens on end units will be 22 feet by 21 feet.
Other standard features include three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, hardwood floor in the foyer, oak railings, french doors and cathedral ceiling in the master bedroom and bath.
The homes also come with gas cooking, heating and hot water, laundry hookup on the first or second floor, smoke detectors and sprinkler system, a one-car garage and a tub and separate shower in the master bath.
The models are open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take Reisterstown Road to Painters Mill Road, to a right on Lyons Mill Road and go 1 mile to models on right.
* Builder: David S. Brown Enterprises.
* Phone number: 363-7575.
* Developer: David S. Brown Enterprises.
* Base prices: $129,900 to $154,900.
* Style: Garage townhomes.
* Number of homes: 232.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 2,600 to 2,800.
* Options: Deck, fireplace, bay window, whirlpool tub.
3.The Gable Companies last month opened the final 42-unit condominium building at Falls Gable in Baltimore County, where 201 units are being built.
For a base price of $88,400 buyers get two bedrooms, two full baths, an eat-in kitchen with oak cabinets and a separate laundry room. An optional loft over the living room raises the price to $107,900.
The models are open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take I-695 to Greenspring Avenue (exit 22) East to a left on Green Summitt Road. Take a right on Old Pimlico Road to a left on Woodbox Lane to the sales center on the right.
* Builder: The Gable Cos.
* Phone number: 653-1199.
* Developer: The Gable Cos.
* Base price: $88,000.
* Style: Condominium.
* Number of homes: 201.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,150-1,550.
* Options: Living room loft, whirlpool tub, ceramic foyer, marble or slate fireplace and security system.
4.Cher-Chris Construction will begin construction of a two-story Williamsburg Colonial in two weeks at Pen-Delle Manor in northern Baltimore County, where the company will build nine custom homes.
The Williamsburg model being built will have four bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, and a 14-by-18-foot first-floor family room with wood-burning fireplace. The first home in the community is occupied and can be viewed by appointment.
* Builder: Cher-Chris Construction.
* Phone number: 666-3042.
* Developer: O'Neill & Co.
* Base price: Varies.
* Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes: Nine.
* Lot sizes: 1 1/2 acre.
* Square-footage: 2,000 and up.
Please send notices of new models, new construction, or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate section, Baltimore Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, Md. 21278, or fax to 783-2517.