* The Alexander Consulting Group named Neil A. Burger chairman and chief executive officer of its U.S. consulting group, Alexander & Alexander Consulting Group.
* H. G. Smithy Co., a real property management and services company, has been formed by the merger of Group Atlantic and the property management and finance division of Smithy Braedon. The Fairfax, Va.-based company has offices in Baltimore, Washington, Boston and Charleston, S.C.
* Legal Resources, an Annapolis prepaid legal services firm, has added the plan attorney firm of Brown, Brown & Brown, of Bel Air.
* FutureHealth Corp. has added to its list of accounts Good Samaritan Hospital, to provide managed health care to about 1,000 employees.
Open for business
* Credit Repair and Financial Services has opened offices in Owings Mills. The firm specializes in mortgage readiness, financial management and credit rehabilitation.
On the board
* Columbus Center Development Inc. named the following to its board: Ernest G. Green, managing director, Lehman Brothers of Washington; John T. W. Hawkins, managing director, Russell Reynolds Associates' Health Care Sector; Susan C. Keating, president, NationsBank of Maryland; and Henry A. Rosenberg Jr., chairman and chief executive officer, Crown Central Petroleum Corp.
* Baltimore-Washington Corridor Chamber of Commerce announced the first-term elections of Richard Chaney, Allen Cornell, Wayne Fallin, Tony Marva and Patrick Mutch to seats on its board of directors. Re-elected were Timothy Abell, Thomas Lynch Jr. and John Miller.
* Careerscope named David D. Murphy to its board of directors.
* Mercy Medical Center elected Diane Featherstone, a manager with BG&E;, to its board of trustees.
* Baltimore Symphony Orchestra named Barry Rosen to serve on its board of directors.
Genesis Jobs Inc., a volunteer business-religious partnership to place nonprofessional, entry-level workers, named the following to its steering committee: Robert M. Coulbourn III, president; James Boxley Cooke, vice president; Raymond R. Lang, secretary and Michael Hegarty, treasurer.
American Cancer Society, Maryland division, announced that Dale Springer of McCormick & Co., has been named chairman of the board of directors.