The 8-10 Bel Air Redskins finished the regular Harford/Baltimore Football season undefeated with a 44-0 win over Edgewood last Saturday.
In the first quarter, Kiel Kauserud scored on a 24-yard run. During the second quarter, Chris Jans opened up the lead with touchdown runs of 45 and 26 yards. Three two-point kicks after each touchdown put the Redskins up, 24-0, at halftime.
Bel Air's Ben Stewart took over in the second half, scoring on a 38-yard run and a 5-yard dive. Sandwiched in between his scores was a 32-yard touchdown run by Chris Calabrese.
The Redskins' defense, anchored by Calabrese, Jeff McGillin, and Nick Hynes in the middle, did not give up a single point this season. The corners are Kauserud, Matt Warfield, Jans and Derek Layser. The down linemen are Kyle Spry, Matt Cooper, Chuck Poole and Nick Podgurski. Also contributing this season were Tyler Armstrong, Mike Beam, Andrew Bertram, Blake Boyle, Thomas Hoerr, Steve Neal, Jonathan Reddy, Jeff Stallknecht, Ben Steward and Adam Beckwith.
In other scores:
* 6-8 -- Parkville 18, Overlea 13; Cockeysville 26, Parkville 6, Middle River 35, Fallston 0; Bel Air 0, Stembridge 0; Edgewood J/T 12, Overlea 0.
* 7-9 -- Fallston 18, Edgemere 7; Parkville 24, Aberdeen 7; Overlea 38, Edgemere 0; Bel Air 18, Cockeysville 0, Edgewood J/T 19, Jarrettsville 0.
* 8-10 -- Bel Air 30, Cockeysville 0; Fallston 30, Cockeysville 20; Jarrettsville 6, Parkville 0; Towson 32, Reisterstown 7; Bel Air 44, Edgewood J/T 0; Overlea 32, Lutherville/Timomium 0.
* 9-11 -- Overlea 32, Aberdeen 0, Cockeysville 20, Bel Air 0; Bel Air 6, Edgemere 0; Cockeysville 28, Aberdeen 0; Fallston 6, Middle River 0 (OT); Edgewood J/T 6; Overlea 0.
* 10-12 -- Overlea 13, Parkville 6; Cockeysville 18, Bel Air 12, Parkville 12, Cockeysville 2; Middle River 26, Fallston 0; Edgewood J/T 26, Overlea 0; Bel Air 19, Jarrettsville 12; Aberdeen 26, Towson 0.
* 11-13 -- Middle River 41, Fallston 0; Bel Air 18, Lutherville Timonium 6;Edgewood J/T 28, Fallston 0; Jarrettsville 25, Cockeysville 15; Overlea 14, Edgewood J/T 6.
Under-16 -- The Joppatowne Soccer Club defeated the Emmorton Blasts, 6-1, in Baltimore Beltway Soccer League action last Saturday.
Goals were scored by Nikki Terzigni (two), Amanda Laughton, Holly Harris, Angie Ketner, and Nicole DuVal. Karen Lemley and Laughton each had an assist, while Terzigni had two.
* Under-10 -- The Forest Hill Scorpions (9-1) advanced to the Forest Hill Tournament championship game with two victories last weekend.
Brett Deibert led the offensive charge with seven goals, including a hat trick in the team's 3-0 victory.
In the other game, a 6-0 win over another Forest Hill team, Deibert scored four times, and strikers Ken Collins and Mike Yuhasz each scored once.
Goalies Ben Miller and Matt Haddaway preserved the shutouts with strong defensive support from Ben Hyson, Tommy Schruefer, Tyler Harrell and Kevin Zeichner.
* Under-12 -- The Forest Hill Force advanced to the Harford County Red League Tournament finals last Sunday with a 9-0 win over Aberdeen.
Justin Mast tied his team record of five goals to lead the Force. Other goals were scored by Greg Spalding, Alex Markiewicz, Mike Duncan and Steven Markiewicz. Eric Blom had two assists, while Duncan, Adam Souter, Brent Irwin and Mast each had one.
In advancing to the finals, the Force scored a 10-0 shutout of the Hickory Thunder. Mast had four goals and Daniel Watts had two. Anthony Collurafici, Alex Markiewicz, Steven Markiewicz and Spalding also scored.
In indoor action at the Maryland Sports Arena, the Force stayed on the winning track with an 11-1 win over Bel Air.
Players scoring twice for the Force were Pat Jackson, Collins, Alex Markiewicz and Steven Markiewicz.
* Under-14 -- The Emmorton Strikers (6-3) won their first two games of the Harford County Division III County Tournament in Norrisville.
The Strikers defeated Forest Hill, 5-0, on goals by Mike Abbott (two), Eric Siegel, Kenny Bazemore and John Blessing with assists from James Bays and Jeremy Fefel.
The defense was anchored by Brian Grahe, Chris Acker and Olen Smith with Fefel and Will Koester in the goal for the shutout.
In the second game, the Strikers avenged an earlier loss to Aberdeen with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory.
Blessing scored the winning goal in the final six seconds on an assist from Steve Raymond. Mike Pacifico scored the other goal on a penalty shot. The defense, comprised of Greg Reft, James Bays, Dan Meyers, Sammy Mogavero and Matt Pietrowski, stopped many Aberdeen attacks to preserve the win.
The Hickory Rebels defeated Joppatowne, 6-1, in the first round of Harford County Tournament action. The Rebels relied on two goals from Jeff Tolson and Nick Hayes, with a goal each from Steve Poole and Greg Krause to advance to the semifinals.
Lauren Betzing of the Harford County Y Hurricanes broke three team records while winning three events and placing second twice in a USS mini-swim meet at Edgewood Middle School.
Betzing set team records in winning the 8-under 25 freestyle in 14.57 seconds and the 50 free in 32.37. She also won the 25 breaststroke (30.55).
Her second-place finishes were in the 25 fly (16.85) and the 25 back (18.82).
The 8-under Hurricane relay team of Betzing, Betsy Balaguer, Stephanie Hightower and Kristen Elario set a team record of 1:06.86 in the 100-freestyle relay.
Also, in boys competition, Ben Garback set a meet record in the 8-under 25 back (18.01) and a team record in the 25 fly (16.42).
To report recreation games, scores and results, send detailed information to: Sports Department, Harford County, Baltimore Sun, 15 Churchville Rd., Suite 112, Bel Air, Md., 21014. Deadline is noon Thursday.