* STOLEN CAR ARREST: Western District -- Carl Pitt, 18, of the 1900 block of N. Payson St., was charged with theft and traffic violations for allegedly stealing a 1989 Ford Probe that was in an accident involving two other vehicles and two pedestrians. Police said the car ran a stop sign at the intersection of Mount and Presbury streets about 9 p.m. Saturday and collided with two other cars, one of which struck and slightly injured the pedestrians.
* ROBBERY: Western District: A man stuck a gun in the ribs of a woman waiting at a bus stop in the 2200 block of Edmondson Ave. Saturday at 11:25 p.m. The man took the woman's purse, which contained $265.
* SHOOTING: Southern District -- A resident of the 100 block of S. Loudon St., was shot in the leg while talking on a pay telephone in the 800 block of Gretna Court at 1 a.m. yesterday. A man wearing a ski mask shot the man with a sawed-off shotgun.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Someone stole a videocassette recorder and a compact-disc player from a house in the 1200 block of William St. between 7 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. yesterday.
* LARCENY: Southern District -- Two men forced open a video poker machine and stole $700 in coins at Payson's Carry-Out in )) the 600 block of S. Payson St. Saturday night.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A man stole $84 from another man during a strong-arm robbery in the 900 block of N. Rosedale St. after midnight yesterday.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Someone stole $1,800 worth of property from a house in the 1700 block of Poplar Grove St. between noon Saturday and 1:20 a.m. yesterday.
* CAR THEFT: Southwestern District -- A 1984 Toyota was stolen from the 1400 block of Bloomfield Ave. Saturday night.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone stole clothing valued at $2,900 from a house in the 2800 block of Gatehouse Drive between 10 p.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. yesterday.
* PURSE SNATCHING: Northwestern District -- A man snatched a purse containing $300 from a woman walking from her car to her home in the 3400 block of W. Forest Park Ave. Friday at 11:45 p.m.
* ROBBERY: Central District -- A man was robbed of his leather jacket valued at $600 as he walked in the first block of Eutaw St. at 4:35 a.m. yesterday. Police said two men, one with a gun, approached him and demanded the jacket.
* THEFT FROM AUTO: Central District -- A duffel bag with a woman's clothing valued at $205 was taken from a car parked in the 900 block of Cathedral St. between 9 p.m. Saturday and 12:10 a.m. yesterday.
* THEFT FROM AUTO: Central District -- Thieves took a suitcase with clothing valued at $600 from a car parked in the 200 block of W. Madison St. yesterday morning.
* ASSAULT: Eastern District -- A 31-year-old man was cut in the chest during an argument with another man in the 2000 block of McElderry St. at 11:20 p.m. Saturday.
* ASSAULT: Eastern District -- A 39-year-old man was hit with a baseball bat during a drug-related dispute in the 1500 block of N. Dallas St. at 9:50 p.m. Saturday.