1. Thousands of prospective homebuyers and lookers attended the grand opening of the Pointers Run Neighborhood in the Columbia Village of River Hill last weekend.
With 13 houses ready for viewing, Pointers Run is the largest model home park in the region, according to David E. Forester, vice president and senior development director for the Rouse Co., Columbia's developer.
On Summer Sunrise Drive east of Trotter Road, the models are open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
Only single-family homes will be built in Pointers Run, which borders the 1,000-acre Patuxent Environmental Area.
The nine companies building in Pointers Run offer traditional and transitional three- to five-bedroom houses with 1,800 to more than 5,000 square feet.
One of the largest and most expensive homes is Goodier Builders' Vineyard II, which has 5,100 square feet of living space plus a two-car garage and a large unfinished basement. Priced close to $600,000, the house has a open expanse across the rear that includes a two-story great room, the kitchen and a morning room. Other features include six-panel hardwood interior doors, a butler's pantry, a back stairway that leads to the kitchen and a two-story foyer.
Builders: Allan Homes, Columbia Builders, Douglas Homes, Goodier Builders, Hallmark Builders, John McDonough Builders, Nu-Homes, Ryland and Williamsburg Builders.
Phone number: (410) 992-6066.
Developer: Rouse Co.
Base prices: $155,000 to close to $600,000.
Style: Traditional and transitional single-family homes.
* Number of homes: 125
* Lot sizes: 4,400 square feet to three-quarter acre.
* Square-footage: 1,800 to 5,000
* Options: Vary with builder and model.
2. Bozzuto Homes is now selling condominiums in Silverbrook Wood in Owings Mills New Town after selling out the 136-unit Silverbrook Farm in that planned Baltimore County community.
Silverbrook Wood offers two- and three-bedroom condominiums featuring oversized and bay windows, private patios or balconies, eat-in kitchens, built-in pantry and gas heat.
The community includes landscaped gardens and picnic areas.
Models are open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week. Silverbrook Wood is off New Town Boulevard, not far from Exit 4 of Owings Mills Boulevard.
The New Town Affordable Housing Fund helps buyers qualify by reducing closing costs
Owings Mills is a planned community with a swimming pool, tennis courts and acres of open space and trees featuring hiking and biking trails. A community shopping center is planned.
* Builder: Bozzuto Homes
* Phone number: (410) 581-4860
* Developer: Owings Mills New Town.
* Base prices: $86,990 to $110,000
* Style: Garden condominium.
* Number of homes: 162
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 980 to 1360
* Options: Gas fireplaces, cathedral ceilings, skylights, soaking tub
Village of Southfield
3. Ryland is now offering three-story, back-to-back villa townhomes at the Village of Southfield near White Marsh Mall in Baltimore County.
The three-level homes have three bedrooms, including a large master suite that occupies the entire top level. One bath is standard.
The villas are built back to back, so they do not have back yards.
A model is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. to 7 Sunday and Tuesday to Friday, and 2 p.m. 7 p.m. on Monday.
To visit the Village of Southfield, take I-95 North to Route 43 West (Exit 67). Take the second right onto Perry Hall Boulevard and the first left onto Southfield Drive. Go half a mile to the villas on the left.
* Builder: Ryland Homes
* Phone number: 931-6955.
* Developer: Nottingham Properties.
* Base prices: high $90s
* Style: Villa Townhomes.
* Number of homes: 80
* Lot sizes: Not applicable
* Square-footage: 1635
* Options: Cathedral ceiling in master bedroom, fireplaces, master bath.
4. Dahan Homes has just opened the LeBaron, a 5,600-square-foot brick colonial at Shawan at Hunt Valley. The custom home sits on 5 acres, which back to Oregon Ridge Park.
The house can be built with four to six bedrooms and 4 1/2 baths. It comes with 10-foot ceilings, a two-story marble foyer, a circular stairway, hardwood floors, gas heating, cooking and hot water, 700 square feet of deck, a three-car garage and central vacuum, security, music and intercom systems.
Other touches include arched interior doors, designer closets with built-ins, a ceramic tile kitchen floor and a Jacuzzi and steam shower in the master bath.
The LeBaron is open from noon to 6 p.m. Sunday and by appointment at other times. Take I-83 North to Route 1 North (Belair Road) to a left on Mount Vista Road.
* Builder: Dahan Homes
* Phone number: 879-9194
* Developer: Caddie Homes
* Base prices: $399,000, plus lots from $195,000.
* Style: Single-family traditional.
* Number of homes: 21
* Lot sizes: 3 to 8 acres
* Square-footage: 5,600
* Options: Steam shower, 24-foot high front porch, vacuum system, fireplaces, music system, intercom, deck and security system.