City clinched the Baltimore City boys soccer league title with a 2-1 win over host Southern-B (4-6, 4-6) yesterday. Mike Taylor and Harvey Dennie scored first-half goals for the Knights (9-1, 9-1).
* Calvert Hall 2, McDonogh 1: Seniors Chad Piunti and Michael Lance both scored as No. 5 Calvert Hall (13-1-1, 11-1) edged host McDonogh (4-7-1) to finish its Maryland Scholastic Association Armstrong A Division I season.
* North County 3, South River 1: Emmanuel Uche, Chris 'f Cosentino and Troy Hoskins scored one goal apiece to lift No. 6 North County (11-1) over visiting South River.
* Gilman 1, Boys Latin 1: Gilman's Mike Ruggles scored with just 34 seconds to play in regulation as the Greyhounds (7-5-2, 6-4-2) tied visiting Boys Latin (4-6-2, 7-6-2) in an MSA Armstrong A Division I game.
* Lutheran 2, Beth Tfiloh 0: Gordon Calvert had two assists to advance Lutheran to the MSA B conference title game tomorrow against Park with a win over Beth Tfiloh in the semifinals at Lutheran.
* Mount St. Joseph 5, St. Mary's 0: Senior midfielder Steve Matcuk had three goals and an assist as Mount St. Joe (10-9-1) topped visiting St. Mary's in an MSA Armstrong A Conference Division II game.
* Mervo 10, Lake Clifton 5: Max Lyttle had six goals and two assists as host Mervo defeated Lake Clifton in a Baltimore City League game.
* Patterson 5, Poly 3: Danny Malgarejo scored two goals and added two assists as Patterson topped visiting Poly in a Baltimore City League game.
* Friends 5, Severn 1: Rich Santos scored one goal and added two assists to lead host Friends (12-4, 9-3) to a season-ending win over Severn in an MSA Armstrong A Division II game.