Kelly Garrity and Michelle Clare each scored a goal, lifting No. 10 Centennial (6-2-2, 3-2-1) past visiting and No. 2 Hammond (9-2, 5-1), 2-0, in a Howard County girls soccer game yesterday.
With an assist from Allison Hoover, Garrity broke a scoreless tie with her goal at the 62nd minute of the second half. Clare added an unassisted goal at the 74th minute.
Laura Bradburn made 12 saves in goal for Centennial.
* Howard 3, Mount Hebron 2: Karen Krupka scored two goals to lead Howard (2-7-1, 0-5-1) to a victory over Mount Hebron (3-5-1, 1-4-1) in a Howard County League game.
* Arundel 2, Chesapeake-AA 0: Barb Muller and Kristen Smeby each scored a goal, leading host Arundel (10-1, 6-0) past No. 5 Chesapeake-AA (7-2-1, 3-2) in an Anne Arundel County 4A League game.
After playing a scoreless first half, Muller, a senior left wing, put in a loose ball in front of the net. Later in the second half, Smeby scored on a corner kick.
* Wilde Lake 2, Glenelg 2, 2 OT: No. 15 and host Wilde Lake (5-4-2) got two goals from Curtis Jefferson in their tie with Glenelg (6-5, 4-2) in a Howard County League game.
* Centennial 3, Hammond 0: Sophomore forward Brian West had two goals and an assist as No. 2 Centennial (9-1-1, 4-0) defeated host Hammond (4-6-1, 2-4-1) in a Howard County League game.
* Glenelg Country 3, Pompei 0: Justin Dean scored a pair of goals and Justin Bray added one, leading visiting Glenelg Country (4-3-1) past Pompei (0-7-1) in a non-league game.
* Howard 8, Mount Hebron 0: Junior forward Mike Bagrosky scored a hat trick to lead Howard (4-6, 2-4) to a shutout over host Mount Hebron (4-6-1, 1-4) in a Howard County League game.
* Broadneck 3, South River 1:
In a battle for first in the Anne Arundel 2A-3A League, No. 4 Broadneck (10-1, 3-1) defeated host and No. 8 South River.
Broadneck junior Katie Forthofer had 17 kills and had four aces and two blocks.
Julie Barr went 19-for-19 from the service line and along with Theresa Koester had 10 blocks in stopping the Seahawks' (9-2, 2-1) Pam Patterson, who had 14 kills, eight digs and one ace.