The first shipment from Carroll Community Flood Relief will start its journey to Hancock County, Ill., Monday. The town of Manchester contributed 1,000 bales of alfalfa to be transported by Roadway Shipping.
Future shipments will include proceeds from various fund-raising activities planned throughout the county. They include:
* Carroll Community Flood Relief 10K (6.2-mile) Walk-a-Thon from 8 a.m. to noon Nov. 7. Walkers and sponsors are needed. Contact Kay Church at 848-4500.
* Carroll County area Cub Scouts have set Nov. 6-7 as collection days. Contact Sheri Moore at 374-2121 for details.
* "Friends for Flood Relief" is having a collection drive through Dec. 1. Contact Bonnie Crispin at 374-4969 for information.
* Phone contacts to area businesses and contractors are being coordinated by George Beisser. Volunteers are needed for the phone bank between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Information: 857-2982.
* The public schools and Carroll County Public Library are working with agency contacts in the Midwest to provide assistance in their respective areas.
A second community meeting of groups or individuals interested in helping the Midwest flood victims will be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 10 in Room E of the Ag Center on Smith Avenue. Information: 857-2035.