* Baltimore County Private Industry Council recently changed its name to Baltimore County Work Force Development Council to reflect the organization's role in addressing work force needs of area employers.
* Fisons PLC changed its name to Sun Gro Horticulture Inc.
Open for business
* Kaplon Creative Inc., a provider of advertising and direct-response copywriting and desktop design services, was opened by Brad Kaplon in Bel Air.
* Silber & Associates, a Columbia-based opinion research firm, wona contract from The Johns Hopkins Hospital to conduct a study on nurse recruitment.
* Maryland Media Associates Inc., a Baltimore-based public relations firm, is representing Renaissance Remodeling, Vintage Homes and Architectural Design Works Inc.
* Kennedy Krieger Institute elected the following directors: John A. Saxton, vice president of cosmetic and fragrance products, Proctor and Gamble USA; Paul R. McHugh, psychiatrist-in-chief, Johns Hopkins Hospital; Richard J. Himelfarb, director of Legg Mason Inc. and executive vice president of Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc.