1. Nestled between Green Spring and Worthington valleys on a 50-acre site in Baltimore County will be 25 large homes in a new community called Stone Ridge.
On Ridge Road between Falls Road and Greenspring Avenue, the development just opened a model, which is open Tuesday to Saturday, noon to 4 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Of the four models offered, three are traditional with one contemporary style.
Made of brick with cedar siding, the exterior design features large windows to let in natural light and has varying roof lines.
The homes have 9-foot vaulted ceilings, four bedrooms that each have walk-in closets and upstairs baths that have dual access. The contemporary model has a first-floor master bedroom.
Other standard features include a master bath that has oversized whirlpool tub, fireplaces and security system.
Some models have a second-floor open area that can be used as a children's play area.
* Builders: Feldman Development Corp. and FCP Inc.
* Phone number: (410) 560-0912
* Developer: Feldman Development Corp.
* Base prices: $423,900 to $463,900
* Style: Three traditional models, one contemporary
* Number of homes: 25
* Lot sizes: 1.3 acres minimum
* Square-footage: 3,200
* Options: Hardwood floors, marble floors in foyer, by fireplace, guest and master bath.
2. Washington Homes has begun construction of townhouses at McDonough Run, on Painters Mill Road near McDonough Road in Randallstown.
There are no models at the site, but similar homes are available for viewing at Bolling Brook in Howard County, and Penn Place in Prince George's County.
A sales office is open at the site Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and weekends, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
There are two main styles: both three bedrooms with 1 1/2 baths. Both are two-story units with a lower level. A fourth level is optional.
* Builder: Washington Homes Inc.
* Phone number: 356-6134
* Developer: Starwood Associates Limited Partnership.
* Base prices: $113,990 to $119,990
* Style: Townhouses, clusters of five and six.
* Number of homes: 68
* Lot sizes: NA
* Square-footage: 1,240 to 1,440
@4 * Options: Finished lower level, loft, fireplace
3. Belmar Homes recently opened a model in the King's Charter development in Bel Air. The homes are located off Route 924, two miles south of Bel Air.
The sample was built in the Remington style, which is 2,650 square feet, and has four bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and a two-car garage.
The 232-home King's Charter community was started three years ago with homes built by Ryan and Equity Homes. Belmar is the new entry into the community of detached homes.
Belmar is selling four Colonial-style homes with 9-foot ceilings on the first level and open foyers. Three of the styles have second-floor overlooks to the first-level family room.
* Builder: Belmar Homes of Maryland
* Phone number: Coldwell Banker, 515-4100.
* Developer: Equity Homes
* Base prices: $189,900 to $212,900
* Style: Colonial
* Number of homes: Four, but builder will acquire more lots to meet demand.
* Lot sizes: 0.25 acre
* Square-footage: 2,065 to 2,650
* Options: Fireplace, choice of gas or wood-burning stove, upgraded kitchen cabinets
4. Mount Bay Homes is building a new community of single-family homes off Montgomery Road at U.S. 29 near Ellicott City, Howard County.
A model home is open everyday (except Thursday) 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Builder: Mount Bay Homes
* Phone number: (410) 744-6811
* Base prices: $215,900 to $240,000
* Style: Colonial
* Number of homes: Nine
* Lot sizes: 0.33 acre
* Square-footage: 1,800 to 2,500
* Options: Fireplace, family room, master bedroom suite, wraparound porches
Fields of Stevenson
5. Woodleaf Homes is building luxury homes on 32 acres off Park Heights Avenue just south of the Beltway in Baltimore County.
A model home is open daily (except Tuesday) from noon to 6 p.m.
The homes -- across the street from Druid Ridge cemetery -- include two-story cathedral foyers, vaulted ceilings in the master bedroom, fireplaces, sunken family rooms and two-zoned gas heat.
The builder plans to surround the perimeter of the property with pine trees to block it from Park Heights Avenue traffic.
* Builder: Woodleaf Homes Ltd.
* Phone number: 602-2569
* Developer: Greenbaum and Rose
* Base prices: $289,900 to $359,900
* Style: Traditional
* Number of homes: 65
* Lot sizes: Most 0.33 acre
* Square-footage: 2,600 to 3,500
* Options: Skylights, "gourmet kitchen," additional bathrooms, screened-in porch, marble foyers, finished basements.
Please send information about new homes construction to New Homes, Real Estate Section, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, Md. 21278, or fax material to (410) 783-2517.