Around the house
* Remove stubborn stains from interior of microwave oven. Place a cup of water inside microwave and bring to a boil. Let sit for about 1 minute. The steam should loosen stains so they can be wiped away.
* Store coffee beans in an airtight container in your freezer. Beans will stay fresh up to 3 months and may be ground frozen; store beans in refrigerator 3 to 4 weeks.
* Use a small, empty plastic squeeze bottle as a bellows to blow out dust from niches and corners.
* Clean washing machine's lint traps with sheets of fabric softener. The treated sheets act as a magnet.
* Inspect chimney pipe and fireplace flue for soot and debris. Make sure damper opens fully and tree branches don't interfere with proper draft.
In the garden
* Mark bulb plantings with plant labels. This will prevent accidental digging into bulbs while they are dormant.