Severn clinched the Catholic League B Division girls soccer title yesterday with a scoreless tie against Seton Keough.
Severn (9-1-2), which only needed to avoid a loss to clinch its first title, ended its Catholic League regular season with a 7-0-1 record.
Seton Keough (8-5-1, 5-1-1), anchored by Melanie Morris' 16 saves, outshot the visiting Admirals, 19-17. Severn goalkeeper Cara Lawson, who made a diving save with six minutes remaining, held the second-place Gators scoreless with 14 saves.
* Hammond 3, Glenelg 0: Kisha Jett had a goal and an assist as No. 3 Hammond downed visiting Glenelg in a Howard County League game. Amy Nestor recorded 10 saves in shutting out the Gladiators.
* Centennial 4, Howard 1: Freshman midfielder Lauren Molinaro scored one goal and added an assist to lead No. 9 Centennial (5-2-2) past visiting Howard in a Howard County League game. Michelle Clare scored her team-leading 10th goal for the Eagles.
* South River 4, Northeast 1: South River clinched a berth in the state 1A-2A playoffs with a win over visiting Northeast in an Anne Arundel 2A League game.
Junior Cassidy Dunbar contributed two goals and two assists as the Seahawks outshot the Eagles, 41-11, in the second half.
Jessica Marion, a junior, also had two goals for South River.
* Atholton 1, Mount Hebron 1: Atholton and Mount Hebron played to a tie after two overtimes in a Howard County League game.
Atholton's Janie Green and Mount Hebron's Julie Kickham scored the goals.
Julie Katcala had six saves for host Atholton (2-7-1), and Alicia Mosley recorded six saves for the Vikings.
* Arundel 1, North County 0: Freshman midfielder Kristen Smeby scored a second half goal to lift visiting Arundel (9-1) over North County (4-6) in an Anne Arundel 4A League game.
Melony McMillian made 17 saves for North County.
* Notre Dame Prep 1, Garrison Forest 1: Missy Hopkins' second-half goal gave Garrison Forest a tie with host and co-No. 8 Notre Dame Prep (7-0-2, 2-0-2) in an Association of Independent Schools A Division contest.
Garrison Forest goalkeeper Jackque Weitzel made 21 saves.
* Maryvale 3, St. Paul's 0: Megan Doyle scored two goals to lead visiting Maryvale over St. Paul's in an AIS League A Division game.
* Wilde Lake 1, Oakland Mills 0: Senior left wing Karen Sutton scored the game-winner to lift host Wilde Lake (6-3-1, 4-1) over Oakland Mills in a Howard County League game.
Sutton scored the unassisted goal 21 minutes into the first half.
Kelly Naylor made seven saves for the Scorpions, six more than the Wildecats' Jayme Kantor.
* Kenwood 2, Dundalk 0: Pebbles Lopez and Danielle Baker each scored as Kenwood (8-0, 8-0) defeated host Dundalk in a Baltimore County 3A-4A league game.
* Park 2, Seton Keough 0: Stacey Pusin and Alyssa Valove each scored goals as host Park (4-2, 4-0) defeated Seton Keough in an AIS B Division game.