Trevord Soponis scored the only goal as visiting Friends (8-2, 11-3) edged winless St. Mary's, 1-0, in a Maryland Scholastic Association Division II game yesterday. The Saints fall to 0-9-1.
* Calvert Hall 2, Boys' Latin 0: Michael Lance and Steve Rottman each scored a goal as No. 1 Calvert Hall (11-1-1) defeated host Boys' Latin in an MSA Armstrong A Conference Division I game.
* Glenelg 1, Hammond 0: Chris Schaefer scored three minutes into the second overtime as host Glenelg (6-4, 4-1) defeated Hammond (4-5-1, 2-3) in a Howard County game.
* Atholton 3, Mount Hebron 0: Ryan Rees scored two goals in the first half as Atholton (5-3-2) topped host Mount Hebron in a Howard County game.
* Broadneck 3, Glen Burnie 1: Matt Tyler and Don Gerbase each had a goal and an assist as host Broadneck (3-5-2) defeated Glen Burnie in an Anne Arundel County non-league game.
* Mount Carmel 8, Towson Catholic 1: Paul Nesbit scored two goals and added three assists to lead host Mount Carmel (3-4-1, 6-5-1) past Towson Catholic (2-6, 2-6) in an MSA B Conference game.
* Loyola 4, St. Paul's 1: Jason Rickel scored two goals to lead host Loyola (6-5-1) past St. Paul's in an MSA Armstrong A Conference game.
* Spalding 2, Severn 0: Sophomore fullback Mike Wagoner scored the game-winner two minutes into the second half, and junior halfback Mark Wist added an insurance goal 15 minutes later as Spalding (4-8 4-5), beat Severn (4-8, 2-6) in an MSA Armstrong Conference game.
* Northeast 1, South River 0: Junior midfielder Mike Eck scored the game-winner 9:54 into the first half to lift visiting Northeast (2-8, 2-1) over South River (3-6) in an Anne Arundel County League game.
* Park 2, Arlington Baptist 0: Jeff Reed had a goal and an assist as Park (4-4-1) topped visiting Arlington Baptist in a non-league game.