Sixteenth ranked George Mason wrapped up its 10th shutout as the Patriots defeated No. 14 Maryland, 3-0, in a women's soccer game in Fairfax, Va. It was the first loss in seven games for the Terps (11-3-1).
George Mason and Maryland, the No. 4 and No. 5 teams in the Central Region, are battling for the fourth and final regional spot for the 16-team NCAA Tournament.
Patriot junior Tammy Pearman scored two first-half goals to put George Mason quickly ahead. Aimee Willard added an insurance goal in the second half.
The Terps outshot George Mason, 14-13, and Maryland goalie Missy Price made only two saves.
George Mason goalkeeper Skye Eddy, who is third in the nation in goals against average, recorded a career-high 10 saves.
* Loyola 1, Bucknell 0: Lynda Lohsen (Queen Anne's) scored the only goal and Mary Clark made a career-high 14 saves for her ninth shutout to lead the visiting Greyhounds (10-3-2) over Bucknell (8-6-1).
Lohsen scored 5:58 into the game off an assist by Stephanie Roberts (Severna Park).
* George Washington 1, UMBC 0: Sophomore Amy Sellers broke past the UMBC defense and scored off an assist by Crissie Snow with just 1:12 left to lift George Washington (8-8-1) over visiting UMBC (9-9).
Colonials freshman goalkeeper Traci Jensen recorded seven saves to earn her fourth shutout this season. George Washington had 22 shots on goal, but UMBC goalkeeper Nadine Henchcliffe made 10 saves to hold the Colonials scoreless until Sellers' scored the game-winner.
* College of Notre Dame 3, Goucher 0: Kelly Stephenson, Amy Dean (John Carroll) and Corina Riismandel (Centennial) each scored a goal for the College of Notre Dame (9-4-1) in its victory over host Goucher (4-10-1), in a non-league game.
Kelly Goertz (North Harford) had an assist for Notre Dame.
* Mary Washington 3, St. Mary's 0: Mary Washington (8-5-1, 4-0) sent 27 shots on goal as the Eagles defeated St. Mary's (4-7, 1-3) in a Capital Athletic Conference game. Mary Washington broke open a one-goal game with two scores in the second half.
Stephanie Teter opened the scoring with a goal 7:41 into the game. Amy Wilvert had six saves in shutting out the Seahawks, and Jackie Aftoro had 22 saves in a losing effort.
* George Washington 1, Maryland 0: Senior Derek Droze scored early in the first half and the George Washington defense held Maryland (3-11) scoreless for the first time in five meetings between the two schools to lead the visiting Colonials (5-9-1) over the Terps.
Maryland has lost its past four games.
Droze scored the game's only goal off a pass from midfielder Stefan Triandafilou at the 13:40 mark. Colonials goalkeeper Robert Christian recorded seven saves.
* UMBC 7, UMES 0: J. J. Kremer (Calvert Hall) had three goals and three assists to lead host UMBC over UMES (0-14). The Retrievers (11-2-1) are unbeaten in their past six games.
* Johns Hopkins 4, Catholic 3: Matt Coleman scored three goals to lead Johns Hopkins (7-5) past Catholic (5-9). Mogy Omatete added another score for Johns Hopkins.