Karyn Duff scored the game's only goal in the opening half, lifting host Glenelg to its first Howard County League field-hockey victory of the season, upsetting first-place Centennial, 1-0, yesterday.
Erica Beall was credited with the assist on the goal for the Gladiators (2-2-1, 1-1-1). The loss by Centennial (5-3-1, 3-1) allowed Hammond (4-0 in league), which defeated Mount Hebron, 2-1, to move into first place.
* Hammond 2, Mount Hebron 1: Jenny Pollock's go-ahead goal at the halfway point of the second half put host Hammond (6-2, 4-0) in first place with a win over Mount Hebron (4-5, 2-2) in a Howard County League game.
* Wilde Lake 1, Atholton 0: Wilde Lake (5-3-1, 3-1) used a Kim Driessen goal in the last five minutes of the second half to beat host Atholton (0-5, 0-4) in a Howard County League game.
* Liberty 1, T. Johnson 0, OT: Junior forward Debbie Bourke broke a scoreless tie 59 seconds into overtime to lift Liberty (7-3) over visiting Thomas Johnson (2-6-1) in a Central Maryland Conference League game.
* Patapsco 4, Kenwood 1: Patapsco (4-5, 3-4) used two goals by Matt Goldsmith to beat host Kenwood (4-4, 3-3) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Dundalk 7, Lansdowne 0: Luke Bell scored three goals as Dundalk (6-1-1, 4-1-1) defeated Lansdowne (0-7, 0-5) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Parkville 3, Woodlawn 0: Parkville (5-3, 5-2) used two first-half goals to get past host Woodlawn (0-8, 0-8) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A league game.
* Sparrows Point 6, Pikesville 3: Freshman George Kessel scored two goals and made one save at goalie as visiting Sparrows Point (5-4, 3-4) used four first-half goals to beat Pikesville (2-5, 1-5) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A league game.
* Lansdowne 2, Dundalk 1: Aimee Harold and Lisa Currie scored two goals for Lansdowne (1-7, 1-5) to defeat Dundalk (3-5, 3-4) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Pikesville 4, Sparrows Point 0: Julie Stein, Liz Mandy, Allison Dackman and Allison Caplan scored one goal each to help Pikesville (3-4, 2-4) shut out Sparrows Point (1-8, 1-6).