Rob Elliott and Bryan Bugarin scored yesterday to lift host UMBC (9-2, 5-2) to a 2-1 men's soccer victory over Towson State (4-3) in a Big South Conference game.
* Campbell 6, Maryland 3: Brian Hunter scored all three of his goals in the second half as Campbell downed host Maryland. The Camels (12-1) are ranked sixth in the South Atlantic Region.
* Monmouth 2, Mount St. Mary's 1: Guy Lockwood had a goal and an assist to lead Monmouth (7-5, 4-2) to a Northeast Conference win over host Mount St. Mary's (5-7, 2-3).
* Johns Hopkins 2, Western Maryland 1: Matt Coleman and John Giordani scored one goal each to lead host Johns Hopkins (5-5) over Western Maryland (3-8). With the win, Hopkins equaled its best record in three years.
* Goucher 5, Catholic 1: Five different players scored as Goucher (6-7, 3-3) defeated visiting Catholic (4-8-1, 1-4) in a Capital Athletic Conference game.
* Salisbury 4, St. Mary's 1: Salisbury used four second-half goals to defeat host St. Mary's.
* Frostburg 1, Shepherd 1, OT: Host Frostburg and Shepherd traded goals in regulation but neither could score in overtime.
* Notre Dame 5, Johns Hopkins 0: Stephanie Otto contributed a goal and an assist as Notre Dame (8-3-1) breezed past Johns Hopkins.
* Towson State 7, Mount St. Mary's 0: Courtney McClelland (Dulaney) scored two goals to lead host Towson State (6-5).
* Loyola 2, American 1: Kiera Scharfenberger and Mary Sheridan each scored to take host Loyola (9-3-1) past American (6-5).
* Temple 3, UMBC 0: Rachel Bentz scored two goals to lead Temple (5-6-2) over UMBC (8-8).
* Catholic 3, Goucher 2: Kathleen O'Neill scored with three minutes left in the second overtime to lift Catholic (4-9-1, 2-2) over Goucher (4-9-1, 0-4) in a CAC game.