Glenelg jumped out to a 3-0 lead and then held off visiting and No. 2 Oakland Mills 3-2, in Howard County League boys soccer action yesterday.
Oakland Mills (3-1, 1-1) pulled to within 3-2 on a goal by Marcus Holmes goal with about five minutes left in regulation, but John Golding, who had 12 saves for Glenelg, shut down the Scorpions.
Jeff Cline gave the Gladiators (3-4, 1-1) a 1-0 first-half advantage. Glenelg used goals by Reg Brown and Tony Marchegiano to pull ahead, 3-0, with 10 minutes to play.
* Franklin 3, Owings Mills 0: Junior midfielder Joe Parks, senior midfielder Chad McClure and junior striker Thuan Throng each scored a goal as visiting Franklin (3-1-1, 3-1-1) shut out Owings Mills (4-3, 2-3) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
Franklin outshot Owings Mills, 27-6. Franklin sophomore goalie Alex Balbir made four saves, 11 less than Owings Mills' Adam Silverman.
* Pikesville 3, Woodlawn 0: Anton Terekov scored two goals to lead Pikesville (2-4) past Woodlawn (0-6) in a Baltimore County non-league game.
* Towson 3, Patapsco 0: Freshman forward Ryan Cuomo scored the game-winner 7:30 into the first half as No. 11 Towson (6-0, 6-0) shut out host Patapsco (2-5, 1-5) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
Senior forward Ian Wildey and junior forward Nathan Keiser added second-half goals. Towson senior goalie Jon Vaupel made nine saves.
* Chesapeake-BC 5, Lansdowne 4: Junior striker Gene Skeens had a hat trick -- including the game-winner 9:36 into the overtime -- as host Chesapeake-BC (2-4, 2-3) edged Lansdowne (0-6, 0-5) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
Junior striker Dominic Yori scored two goals and added one assist. Skeens also had an assist. Lansdowne outshot Chesapeake, 33-28.
* Dundalk 2, Hereford 0: Luke Bell and Ed Dyer each scored a goal, leading Dundalk (5-0-1) past Hereford (6-1-1), in a Baltimore County non-league game.
* Randallstown 7, Milford Mill 1: Randallstown (2-5) scored seven goals in a five-minute span of the first period to beat Milford Mill (0-7) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game. Andy Oram scored twice for the Rams.
* McDonogh 7, IND 0: Laurie Schwoy scored four goals to lead No. 1 McDonogh (10-0,8-0) past IND (1-7, 0-7) in a Catholic League A Division game.
* Severna Park 6, Glen Burnie 0: Sophomore striker Lindsay Poland had a hat trick to lead No. 2 Severna Park (7-0, 6-0) to its 150th win --this one over host Glen Burnie (2-5) in an Anne Arundel County League game. Junior striker Jess Hines, senior captain Erin Wylde and sophomore halfback Jen Voifhan each scored a goal.
* Overlea 7, Chesapeake-BC 1: Holly Wiitala scored a pair of goals and Joanna Golembieski and Jamika Gray added a goal and two assists, leading Overlea (6-1, 6-1) past visiting Chesapeake-BC (1-5, 1-4) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
* Seton Keough 3, Mount de Sales 0: Kelli Weide scored two goals and visiting Seton Keough (7-5, 4-1) defeated Mount de Sales in a Catholic League B Division contest.
* Catholic 5, Spalding 1: Senior sweeper Laura Mierczak scored one goal in each half to lead host Catholic (4-4-2, 3-4-1) over Spalding (2-8-1, 1-8-1) in a Catholic League A Division game. Junior midfielder Angie Tuminello, senior right wing Jen DiRubbo and senior left wing Marie Morrow each added one goal.
* Franklin 2, Kenwood 1: Kim Watson and Alison Paqueta each scored once to take Franklin (5-1, 5-1) past Kenwood (3-3, 3-2) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Severn 7, Towson Catholic 0: Sarah Long scored three goals and Monique Jennings added a pair, lifting host Severn (6-1, 5-0) past Towson Catholic (0-5, 0-5) in a Catholic League B Division game.
* Mercy 3, St. Mary's 2: Junior striker Heather Miskiewicz broke a 2-2 tie 23 minutes into the second half to lift No. 11 Mercy (8-2, 7-1) over host St. Mary's (6-6, 4-5) in a Catholic League game.
* Dundalk 4, Lansdowne 3: Amy Blishe scored two goals as host Dundalk (3-3, 3-3) defeated Lansdowne (0-5, 0-4) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Perry Hall 1, Dulaney 0: Karen Bradley scored the game's only goal in No. 14 Perry Hall's(6-0, 6-0) win over visiting Dulaney (4-2, 4-3) in a Baltimore County League 3A-4A game.
* Chesapeake-BC 1, Catonsville 0: Sloane Rogers scored the winning goal to lead Chesapeake-BC (1-4-1, 0-4) over Catonsville (0-6, 0-5) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
* Woodlawn 3, Sparrows Point 2: Keisha Wynn scored all three goals to help Woodlawn (2-4-1, 1-3-1) past Sparrows Point (3-4, 3-4) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
* Hereford 2, Towson 1: Susan Minton and Karen Roberts each scored one goal to lead Hereford (5-1, 4-0) over Towson (3-2, 2-2) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
* Overlea 4, Owings Mills 0: Karla Guzman scored two goals to lead Overlea (4-3, 3-3) past Owings Mills (0-5, 0-4) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.