* BURGLARY: Central District -- Someone stole 48 hamburgers valued at $80 after breaking into the Baltimore Nursing & Convalescent Center at 140 W. Lafayette Ave. about 5:50 a.m. Saturday. Police knew of no suspects.
* AGGRAVATED ASSAULT: Central District -- Paul Chaplman, 36, of the 2700 block of Delhaven Road, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he allegedly used a box cutter to slash a woman, leaving a red mark on her neck. The woman had been talking to her attacker in a bar at 24 S. Howard St. when he attacked her for no apparent reason shortly past midnight Saturday.
* BURGLARY: Central District -- Someone broke into the Midtown Children's Center at 24 E. North Ave. by prying bars off a window sometime between 6:30 p.m. Thursday and 10:30 a.m. Friday. Tools valued at $290 were reported stolen.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Southeastern District -- A man who was seen on a boat about 10:30 a.m. yesterday in a marina off Boston Street fled from police by diving into Baltimore Harbor. The man was in the water for an hour and 40 minutes before police and fire personnel spotted him hiding beneath a floating pier. The man, whose name was not available, surrendered and was charged with breaking and entering.
* AGGRAVATED ASSAULT: Western District -- A 37-year-old man was cut on the leg with a machete by a man with whom he had been quarreling between 1:15 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. yesterday. The suspect fled the scene in the 1200 block of Riggs Ave. before police arrived. The victim was treated for minor injuries at Mercy Medical Center.
* ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Western District -- A 42-year-old man was approached at 11:10 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of Edmondson Ave. by two other men, one of whom brandished a handgun and demanded money. The victim gave $30 to the men, who fled.
* BURGLARY: Western District -- Someone broke into the Mount Grocery at 1700 Presstman St. by cutting a hole in the roof between 9:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:25 a.m. yesterday. Police were trying to determine whether anything was taken.
* ASSAULT AND ATTEMPTED ROBBERY: Southern District -- A man broke into a home in the 2900 block of Malview Road at 8:45 a.m. yesterday and threatened a resident with a knife. No property was taken.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Southern District -- Several rooms were ransacked at Cherry Hill Elementary School, 801 Bridgeview Road, by intruders who entered through an unlocked window between 9 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. yesterday. A television and a trombone, total value $550, were reported taken.
* ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Southern District -- A taxi driver was robbed at gunpoint of $100 at 3:30 a.m. yesterday in the 2400 block of Nevada St. by a passenger who then fled on foot.
* ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Southern District -- A man was hospitalized in good condition after being stabbed in the back during an attempted robbery at 12:15 a.m. yesterday in the 1800 block of McHenry St. The stabbing occurred after the would-be robber demanded money and the victim said he had none.
* AGGRAVATED ASSAULT: Southern District -- A man held a knife to the throat of an Easton woman at midnight Saturday in the 1700 block of Russell St. The woman screamed and her boyfriend chased the knife-wielding suspect away.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Cockeysville District -- Someone broke into a garage at a house in the 200 block of Dunbeath Court between 6 a.m. Saturday and 6 a.m. yesterday and stole a yellow Diamondback bicycle valued at $650.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Cockeysville District -- Someone broke into five suites in an office building in the first block of Scott Adam Road Friday or Saturday and stole computer equipment valued at $6,900.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Cockeysville District -- Someone broke into a home in the 2800 block of Monkton Road between 6 a.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Saturday and took a television and stereo equipment valued at $1,000. Entry was gained through a sliding glass door. Police said the break-in was related to a domestic dispute and an arrest was pending.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Catonsville District -- Someone broke into a shed at a house in the first block of Maple Drive over the weekend and stole two 18-speed mountain bikes and a weeder, total value $600.