Mike Pennington had a goal and an assist as visiting John Carroll (5-3, 4-2) defeated Loyola (5-3-1, 4-2), 2-1, in a Maryland Scholastic Association A Conference Division I boys soccer game yesterday.
* Calvert Hall 6, McDonogh 0: Ryan Lachowicz scored three goals and Chad Piunti added two as host No. 1 Calvert Hall (8-0-1, 6-0) shut out McDonogh (2-6, 1-5) in an MSA A Conference Division I game.
* Gibbons 4, Spalding 1: Steve Wojciechowski had two goals and an assist as Gibbons (5-2-1, 5-1-1) rallied for four second-half goals to beat host Spalding (2-7, 2-4) in an MSA A Conference Division II game.
* St. Mary's 1, Mount St. Joseph 1: St. Mary's (2-7-1, 0-6-1) Matt Callaghan and Mount St. Joseph's Steve Matcuk (3-6-1, 2-3-1) each scored as their teams battled to a tie in an MSA A Conference Division II game.
* Friends 5, Severn 0: Brian Hamilton and Carter Adkinson scored two goals each to help the Quakers (6-2, 5-1) shut out the host Admirals (2-7, 1-5) in an MSA A Conference Division II game. Sean Armstrong added one goal and two assists for the winners.
* Lutheran 4, Park 2: Jason Hewitt scored two goals as Lutheran (4-1-1, 3-0-1) beat host Park (2-2, 2-2) in an MSA B Conference game.
* McDonogh 3, St. Mary's 0: Laurie Schwoy scored two goals as No. 1 McDonogh (9-0, 7-0) defeated host St. Mary's (5-5, 3-5) in a Catholic League A Division game.
.' * Centennial 6, Westminster 0:
Kelly Garrity scored three goals and Laura Radburn and Rima Sidhu combined for a shutout, leading No. 5 Centennial (3-0-1) DTC past Westminster (2-2) in a non-league game. Laura Molinaro, Shara Boonshaft and Andrea Allocco scored once.
* Wilde Lake 5, IND 0: Renny Trellis had two goals and one assist and Nat Froman had a goal and two assists as Wilde Lake (2-1-1) defeated visiting IND (1-5).
* Wilde Lake 6, Lansdowne 0: Karen Sutton and Maggie Barker scored two goals each as the host Wildecats (2-2-1) shut out the Vikings (0-4-1).
* Spalding 3, Centennial 1: Marie Swartwood had a goal and an assist to lead host Spalding (3-2) past Centennial (3-2-1).