Mike Pennington had a goal and an assist as visiting John Carroll (5-3, 4-2) defeated Loyola (5-3-1, 4-2), 2-1, in a Maryland Scholastic Association A Conference Division I boys soccer game yesterday.
* Calvert Hall 6, McDonogh 0: Ryan Lachowicz scored three goals and Chad Piunti added two as host No. 1 Calvert Hall (8-0-1, 6-0) shut out McDonogh (2-6, 1-5) in an MSA A Conference Division I game.
* Gibbons 4, Spalding 1: Steve Wojciechowski had two goals and an assist as Gibbons (5-2-1, 5-1-1) rallied for four second-half goals to beat host Spalding (2-7, 2-4) in an MSA A Conference Division II game.
* Towson Catholic 1, Mount Carmel 0: Ed Yodris scored the winning goal off an assist by Thomas Wintz as host Towson Catholic (2-3, 1-2) defeated Mount Carmel (3-5, 1-3) in an MSA B Conference game.
* St. Mary's 1, Mount St. Joseph 1: St. Mary's (2-7-1, 0-6-1) Matt Callaghan and Mount St. Joseph's Steve Matcuk (3-6-1, 2-3-1) each scored as their teams battled to a tie in an MSA A Conference Division II game.
* Friends 5, Severn 0: Brian Hamilton and Carter Adkinson scored two goals each to help the Quakers (6-2, 5-1) shut out the host Admirals (2-7, 1-5) in an MSA A Conference Division II game.
* Lutheran 4, Park 2: Jason Hewitt scored two goals as Lutheran (4-1-1, 3-0-1) beat host Park (2-2, 2-2) in an MSA B Conference game.
* McDonogh 3, St. Mary's 0: Laurie Schwoy scored two goals asNo. 1 McDonogh (9-0, 7-0) defeated host St. Mary's (5-5, 3-5) in a Catholic League A Division game.
* Loch Raven 7, Pikesville 0: Robyn Harry scored four goals as No. 14 Loch Raven (4-0, 4-0) defeated host Pikesville (0-4, 0-4) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A game.
* Bryn Mawr 1, John Carroll 0: Christin Lazatin knocked in the only goal to lift No. 4 Bryn Mawr (4-0-1) over John Carroll (0-5).
* Loch Raven 3, Pikesville 2: Lauren Volk scored two goals to lead No. 6 Loch Raven (4-1, 4-0) over Pikesville (3-1, 3-1) in a Baltimore County 1A-2A game.
* Bel Air 4, Aberdeen 1: Jen Conway knocked in two goals to lift No. 10 Bel Air (5-0-1, 2-0) over Aberdeen (0-5, 0-4) in Harford County.