* Absolute-Care Ambulance Service has been certified as a Minority Business Enterprise. Vickie Rosellini is its owner and president.
* Anne Arundel Community College announced that E. Perry Ballard has been named director of its Center for the Study of Local Issues.
* Executive Sounding Board Ltd., a Baltimore-based mergers and acquisitions consulting firm, announced that Kathryn M. Potts has joined it as an independent consultant.
* The Hunt Valley Transportation Association announced that Joseph D. Dollard, engineering manager at Westinghouse Electric Corp., has been elected chair and Donald E. Bowman, vice president-finance and administration of Genstar Stone Products Co., has been elected vice chair. Also, the following were elected to the board of directors: Alan Elkin, president of Advance Business Systems and Supply Co.; Lois Elkin, vice president of Advance Business Systems; and Rowland E. King, manager-northern distribution, Baltimore Gas & Electric Co.
* The AlliedSignal Technical Services Corp., based in Columbia, has been selected by the Marine Corps Logistics Base in Albany, Ga., for a contract to provide services to support the Marine Prepositioning Forces.
* Caras & Associates Inc., a Columbia-based consulting firm, has new contracts with American Yard Products of Orangeburg, S.C.; Lee County Electric Cooperative of Ft. Myers, Fla.; GE Accounting Services of Bridgeport, Conn., and Knorr Brake of Westminster.
* Foster & Green, a Baltimore-based advertising agency, has been named agency of record for JBA Chevrolet/Geo/Mitsubishi Glen Burnie.
* Khera Communications Inc., of Rockville, has been awarded a contract from the National Institutes of Health to provide technical writing and documentation services.
* Legal Resources, an Annapolis-based company marketing an employer-sponsored comprehensive prepaid legal services plan, has contracted with Prince George's County to offer this benefit to all classified employees.
* Northwest Honda, located in Owings Mills, has selected Bonnie Heneson Communications Inc. to provide public relations services.
* The Snyder Group Inc., a Crofton-based advertising and public relations firm, has been retained to design a logo and ads for the Reston Ice Forum in Reston, Va.
Open for business
* McLain Associates Inc., Architects, which offers services fo commercial, corporate and residential projects, has opened at 2922 Glenmore Ave. in Baltimore.
* Thermomax Ltd. has moved its headquarters from Florida to Maryland. The Maryland operation consists of commercial and technical offices in Columbia.
* Germanos & Reed Inc., a Millersville-based designing, building and developing company, announced that Paul Farthing Contractors has been chosen as its Subcontractor of the Year for 1992-1993.
* Helix Health System has elected Robert W. Lindsay, retired vice president and corporate secretary of Noxell Corp., as chairman of the board. Michael R. Merson, president and CEO of the Helix Health System, will assume the role of co-vice chair. Newly elected directors include: James D'Orta, M.D., Alan Kimmel, M.D., Edwin Miller, and Shaw Wilgis, M.D.
* Gerstin/Spokany Associates has received a MAXI Award from the Direct Marketing Association of Washington for a direct-mail campaign for the Somerset House.
* The University of Maryland System has received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Association of the United States and Canada.