Brian Geraghty scored the winning goal at the 31:52 mark as host Loyola defeated Rider, 3-0, and captured the title in the Loyola Budweiser Soccer Tournament yesterday.
Bill Heiser gave the Greyhounds a 2-0 cushion by halftime on an assist from Doug Willey. Willey scored the final goal at 76:33 in the second half.
Loyola's Zach Thornton finished with four saves. Rider goalkeepers Tom Ciesla and Pasquale Grande combined for eight saves.
* Wake Forest 2, Maryland 1: Senior forward Steve Gilmor scored
two goals to lead No. 9 Wake Forest past host Maryland in an ACC game.
Gilmor (4 goals) opened the scoring on an header at 79:32 mark. Gilmor scored the game-winner three minutes later. Sean Wary scored Maryland's goal -- his career first -- with seven minutes left. Maryland (2-7, 1-3) outshot Wake Forest (6-2-1, 1-1) 11-4.
* Robert Morris 2, Mount St. Mary's 1: David Moxom scored two first-half goals to lift Robert Morris (6-3-1, 3-1) over Mount St. Mary's (5-4, 2-1) in a Northeast Conference match. The loss marks the third straight for Mount St. Mary's. Moxom gave the host a 2-0 lead with 15:13 remaining in the first period before the Mount's Craig Neverosky scored 35 seconds later.
Mount St. Mary's, which trailed at the half despite outshooting the Colonials, 9-5, did not threaten goalie Doug Petras in the second half. The Mountaineers finished with a 12-9 edge in shots.
* Radford 3, UMBC 0: Sue Williams and Erin McCray each had a goal and an assist to lead Radford (10-0, 4-0) past visiting UMBC (6-6, 2-2) in a Big South Conference game. Radford scored its goals in the first two minutes of the second half.
* Dundalk 1, Burlington (N.J.) 0: Heather Amend scored the only goal in overtime as Dundalk beat host Burlington. Dundalk outshot their hosts 29-15.
* Essex 4, SUNY 0: Stacey Schott scored two goals and added an assist as No. 3 Essex CC (5-1-1) defeated visiting No. 9 SUNY-Farmingdale. Freshman Colleen Grady (Havre de Grace) recorded the shutout.