* Ashley Group Ltd., an Owings Mills-based custom-home builder and developer, announced the opening of its Ashwood model home in Christiana Estates -- a new community of single-family homes in Carroll County. Information: Samuel C. Hoff Agency, (410) 876-1260 or 848-1115.
* INROADS/Baltimore,the local branch of the St. Louis-based career development organization, announced the following appointments to its board of directors:
Walter B. Sanderson III, vice president, human resources, Prudential Home Mortgage; Sharon J. Vecchioni, vice president, human resources, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Maryland; Robert W. Adams, executive vice president and chief operating officer, St. Agnes Hospital; and Edward Connors, C.P.A., senior manager, recruitment, Ernst & Young.
* The Prudential Preferred Properties will sponsor a golf/tennis tournament and silent auction beginning at noon tomorrow at the WestWinds Country Club in Mount Airy to raise $15,000 for the Sunshine Kids Foundation, the company's national charity. Information: (410) 647-8030.
On the move
* The New Home Marketing Group announced that Carole LeVine has joined the firm as a marketing manager and will be representing Mid-Atlantic Home, a builder client.
* The Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors will hold its annual convention Wednesday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Baltimore Convention Center and Festival Hall.
Admission is $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Information: (410) 462-2500.
* The Piney Orchard Community Center will hold its next breakfast meeting Wednesday, Oct. 13, at 8:30 a.m. The topic: "Recent Changes in Federal, State and Local Real Estate Laws."
Speakers will include Robert Cannon of Weinberg & Green; Fred Delavan of Blumenthal, Wayson, Offutt, Klos & Delavan; Jim Oliver of Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll; Leslie Romine of Linowes & Blocher; and David Thaler, president, D. S. Thaler & Associates.
The cost, which includes breakfast, is $15. Directions and reservations: (410) 730-9092.
* Kamanitz, Uhlfelder & Permison, P.A., a Baltimore-based certified public accounting and management consulting firm, will sponsor a seminar on the real estate aspects of the 1993 Revenue Act on Tuesday, Oct. 19, from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Conference Center at Sheppard Pratt.
Cost is $25 per person. Information and reservations: Carolyn Stinson, (410) 484-8700.
Send notices for the Real Estate section's "In Brief" listing to:
Real Estate News
501 N. Calvert St.
Baltimore, Md. 21278
Notices should be typewritten, double spaced, on an official business or organizational letterhead. Please include the full name of the organization and the contact person's full name and telephone number. Photographs of promoted or award-winning employees are welcome.