Marc Harrison and Doug Willey each scored a goal, leading Loyola to a 2-0 victory over Fairfield in the first round of the Loyola Budweiser Tournament at Curley Field yesterday.
The Greyhounds will play Rider at 3 in today's second round. Fairfield plays Central Connecticut at 1. Rider and Central Connecticut played to a 2-2 double-overtime tie.
* Winthrop 4, UMBC 3: Winthrop freshman forward Robbie Blake scored three goals to ignite the Eagles past visiting UMBC.
* Washington 4, Ursinus 1: Jon Kostyal scored all four goals as visiting Washington College (5-5-1) defeated Ursinus for the program's 300th win.
* Catonsville CC 6, Harford CC 1: Chris Walton and Danny Catlett chipped in two goals each to lead Catonsville.
* Maryland 1, N.C. State 1, 2OT: Visiting Maryland (6-2-1, 0-1-1) and N.C. State (5-3-1, 1-0-1) ended an ACC match in a tie.
* Loyola 3, Wheeling 0: Host Loyola got single goals from Lynda Lohsen, Danielle Rausch and Sarah Matthews in defeating Wheeling Jesuit College.
* Radford 4, Towson State 0: Sue Williams headed in a goal for Radford 43 seconds into the game as the undefeated Highlanders (9-0, 3-0) coasted past Towson State (4-3, 1-1) in a Big South Conference game.
* Navy 2, Penn State 1: Kelly Kast scored the winning goal on an assist by Julie Treanor at 25:43 in the second half to lead Navy past host Penn State.
* Mount St. Mary's 1, R. Morris 0: Carole Fournier scored 10 minutes into the game to give Mount St. Mary's (1-5) its first victory of the season, defeating host Robert Morris (0-11). * Notre Dame 2, Haverford 1: Christine Scelfto and Corrina Riismandel scored two first-half goals to lead Notre Dame (7-2).
* Goucher 8, Trinity 0: April Simonsen (Patapsco) had three goals and four assists to lead Goucher.
* Villa Julie 9, Washington 0: Meg Federline, Laurie Shuster and Megan Blank each scored two goals, leading Villa Julie (1-4) to its first victory of the season.