Around the house
* Use water-softener sheets to wipe off glass and lacquer furniture; this will help repel dust.
* Prevent black marks on china when running dishwasher. When stacking soiled items, make sure metal utensils are not touching dishes. Secure lightweight pans between heavier pots to prevent items from rubbing against china.
* Paint straight lines around molding and ceilings easily. Place a rubber band around the middle of your brush to stiffen the bristles. Do not dip paint beyond the band.
* Repair frayed shoestrings. Roll a small sliver of transparent tape around edge.
* Remove stubborn stains from windows. Moisten a cloth or sponge with rubbing alcohol and wipe marks away.
In the garden
* Mark bulb plantings with labels. This will prevent accidental digging into bulbs while they are dormant. Place chicken wire over the bed to keep squirrels from digging up bulbs.