* SHOOTING: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 3600 block of W. Belvedere Ave. was sitting on the front porch of a house in the 3300 block of Avondale Ave. Wednesday when a gunman shot him in both thighs. The gunman escaped. The victim was was taken to Sinai Hospital and admitted.
* CAB HOLDUP: Northwestern District -- A driver for County Cab in the first block of Bloomsbury Ave. in Catonsville, Baltimore County, was robbed of $75 by a gunman in the 4100 block of Bonner Road Wednesday afternoon.
* CARJACKING: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 700 block of Hammonds Ferry Road was in the 4200 block of Patterson Ave. Wednesday night when two men, one with a handgun, forced him out of his truck and drove off. Later, police recovered the truck.
* BURGLARY: Central District -- Two TV sets and a VCR, all valued at nearly $600, were stolen from a house in the 1800 block of St. Paul St. Wednesday by someone who entered through the front door.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- Two men, one with a handgun, entered the law office of Frank Blair in the 1100 block of Washington Blvd. Wednesday and fled with more than $100.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A resident of the 1400 block of N. Mount St. was in the 1500 block of N. Calhoun St. Wednesday when a 20-year-old woman struck him with a baseball bat and robbed him of $20 and a pair of tennis shoes.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A resident of the 1500 block of Wadsworth Way was standing near a 24-hour teller machine in the 6300 block of York Road Wednesday when a man who implied he had a handgun ordered her to withdraw money from the machine. The woman complied and the man escaped with $100.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A man was walking in the 2600 block of St. Paul St. Wednesday when he stole the purse of a woman as she neared her home. The purse was recovered, but its contents, $5 and other property, were missing.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A resident of the 400 block of Whitridge Ave. was in the 2600 block of N. Charles St. Wednesday when a man placed an unknown object in his side and ordered him to withdraw money from a nearby 24-hour bank teller machine. The man escaped with $100.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1985 Pontiac owned by a resident of the 12800 block of Manor Road in Baltimore County and with Mary
land tags RRJ790 was stolen from the 3100 block of Swan Drive in Druid Hill Park Wednesday.
* THEFT/ARREST: Northern District -- Police arrested a man Wednesday as he attempted to remove strips of aluminum from a bridge in the 800 block of Wyman Park Drive.
* STOLEN CAR: Towson District -- A maroon 1988 Pontiac Firebird owned by a Westminster, Carroll County, resident and with Maryland tags ZZA394 was stolen from the 1700 block of Taylor Ave. sometime Wednesday. Witnesses saw two men driving the car away about 9:45 p.m.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Someone entered the American Cafe in the first block of W. Pennsylvania Ave. through a rear door sometime early Wednesday morning and forced open at least one video machine. Nearly $100 in coins was taken.
* BURGLARY: Garrison District -- A house in the 3600 block of Langrehr Road was entered through a rear window between Tuesday and Wednesday by someone who ransacked several rooms. It was not immediately known whether any property was stolen.
* BURGLARY/ARREST: Cockeysville District -- Police entered a vacant house in the 300 block of Meadow Lane Wednesday afternoon and arrested a woman who broke in after warning bystanders not to follow her. Charges against the woman were pending.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville District -- Someone entered a house in the 14400 block of Thornton Mill Road through a rear bathroom window in Sparks Wednesday. It was not known if any property was missing.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville -- Silver service valued at more than $27,000 was stolen from a house in the 16800 block of Wesley Chapel Road Wednesday by someone who entered after breaking a side window.
* ROBBERY TRY/ARREST: Cockeysville District -- Police arrested a 14-year-old boy and released him to his parents after charging him with attempting to rob another 14-year-old boy of his bike at knifepoint Wednesday in the first block of Valley Lake Place. The victim, a resident of Old Bosley Ave., was not injured.
* STOLEN CAR: Cockeysville District -- A 1989 Mercedes-Benz 260 with Maryland tags XNY832 was stolen from the 900 block of Chestnut Ridge Road between Tuesday and Wednesday.