Erin Watson scored two goals and had an assist and sister Katie had a goal and two assists to lead Franklin's girls soccer team past Parkville, 3-1, in the Baltimore County 3A-4A League opener for both teams yesterday.
Jennifer Cooper had 23 saves for Franklin (1-0, 1-0).
* Centennial 4, North Hagerstown 0: Sophomore striker Michelle Clare's hat trick led No. 3 Centennial (1-0-1) to a shutout over visiting North Hagerstown in a game that was stopped in the second half because of lightning.
* Meade 5, Laurel 5: Jamie Millett and Tere Frilichowski made 17 and 16 saves, respectively, as Meade and Laurel played to a tie.
* Bel Air 7, Edgewood 0: Melissa Scharoun and Katie Bentz scored two goals each to help the Bobcats (2-0) shut out the visiting Rams.
* Perry Hall 11, Woodlawn 0: BarbaraAnn Smith scored five goals and Jessa Phoebus added two to lead Perry Hall (1-0).
* John Carroll 1, St. Mary's 0: Sophomore halfback Amy Goetzinger scored the game-winner 21:32 into the second half, as John Carroll (2-0, 3-0) edged host St. Mary's (1-3, 2-4) in Catholic League game.
* Overlea 5, Chesapeake-BC 1: Forwards Tamika Gray and Colleen Neas scored two goals each to lead visiting Overlea past Chesapeake-BC (0-1, 0-1) in a 2A Baltimore County League game.
* McDonogh 7, Catholic 1: Sophomore striker Laurie Schwoy scored five goals to lead No. 1 McDonogh (4-0, 3-0) past Catholic (2-2, 1-2) in a Catholic League game.
* Kenwood 4, Lansdowne 0: Danielle Baker scored all four goals to lead the Bluebirds (1-0) past the host Vikings (0-1).
* Franklin 1, Parkville 0: Kelly Parrish's first-half goal lifted Franklin (1-1) over Parkville (0-1) in a Baltimore 3A-4A League game.
* Hereford 5, Pikesville 1: Paul DiAngelo scored two goals and had an assist, leading Hereford (2-0, 2-0) past Pikesville (0-1, 0-1), in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game.
* Dundalk 5, Patapsco 1: Senior midfielder Jason Parks' hat trick led visiting Dundalk (2-0, 1-0) past Patapsco in a 3A Baltimore County League game.
* Eastern Tech 2, Randallstown 0: Mark Fischer scored in the first and second half to lead host Eastern Tech (1-0) over Randallstown (0-2).
* Kenwood 2, Lansdowne 1: Dan Mervis scored two first-half goals to lead visiting Kenwood (1-0) over Lansdowne (0-1).
* Loch Raven 2, Catonsville 1: Greg Anselmi and George Kerasiotes scored to lead Loch Raven (2-0) past Catonsville (0-1).