* AT&T; appointed E. J. Ritchey general manager for the national sales and services division of its Global Business Communications Systems for the capital area.
* Capital Portfolio Management Inc. named Robert G. Burke investment executive.
* Greiner Inc., an international full-service engineering, architecture, planning and surveying firm, announced that Stephanie J. Huck has joined its Timonium office as a civil engineer.
* Loyola College named Debbie Feldman Jones director of publications.
* The Maryland Higher Education Loan Corp.: Gov. William Donald Schaefer has appointed as chairman of the group David H. Nevins, president of Nevins and Associates, an Owings Mills-based marketing, public affairs, advertising and customer service firm.
* The Maryland Department of Economic and Employment Development named Ann M. Coscia deputy director of the Division of Business Development.
* Riemer Muegge & Associates Inc. appointed Krystal Manning marketing coordinator.
* The Maryland Industrial Development Financing Authority, a financ
ing program of the Maryland Department of Economic and Employment Development, has named John G. Fitzpatrick executive director.
* McCormick & Co. Inc., the Sparks-based producer of spices, seasonings, flavorings and specialty foods, appointed Dawn H. Bracken director of systems development.
* Medical Professional Services Inc., a medical receivables management and consulting firm, appointed Thomas D. Bonomo chief financial officer and Sharon R. Applestein provider relations director.
* Stouffer Harborplace Hotel appointed Joyce Howard director of human resources.
* Woodward-Clyde Federal Services announced that Harry Butler has joined the company as manager of the hazardous waste management and engineering division in its Rockville office.
Legal and professional
* Charles M. Solomon, P.A., a Baltimore-based public accounting, taxand consulting firm, announced that Eric M. Nislow has joined the firm as a partner, and that the firm changed its name to Solomon & Nislow, CPAs.
* WS&B; Healthcare Consulting, which provides accounting and practice management services, announced that Charlotte Kohler, Beverly Gazmen and Trudi Morris have joined the firm. * Ann Burnside Love & Associates Inc., a full-service advertising, public relations and marketing firm, announced that Teresa Rogers has joined the company as marketing director.
* Rosse & Associates Inc., a Sparks-based advertising and marketing communications agency, appointed Bob Cooke creative director.
* Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Maryland named John M. Friesen chief actuary.
* Maryland General Hospital appointed William P. McMahon vice president of administration.
* Meridian Nursing Center appointed Gail Fekel rehabilitation services department manager and Harry Pappas chief financial officer.
* Sinai Hospital named Ann Flint-Pozzi chief information officer and William M. Ross assistant to the vice president for development.
* Taylor Manor Hospital announced that Jeffrey L. Wilson has been appointed corporate controller.
* Total Health Care Inc., a community-based corporation serving four primary care sites in Baltimore, named Vanessa Grayson-Carroll director of members' services.
* Union Memorial Hospital named F. Michael Gloth, M.D., FACP, chief of the division of geriatrics and director of research for medicine.
* University of Maryland Medical Center named Dr. William R. Flinn professor and head of vascular surgery. In addition, Dr. Douglas E. Mattox was named professor and director of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.
* Franklin Square Hospital Center named Mike Woolford director of environmental services.
* Loyola Federal Savings Bank has hired John F. Winkler Jr. as vice president of its newly formed Small Business Banking Group. His responsibilities include developing and maintaining loan and retail small business relationships.
* The Bank of Baltimore announced the following promotions: Daniel L. Florea, vice president, Atlantic Residential Mortgage Corp.; Robert T. Linthicum, vice president, commercial lending division; James T. Pierce, vice president, commercial lending division; Monroe Sandberg, vice president, asset management group; Edward C. Seaver, vice president, bankcard division; S. Herbert Tinley III, vice president, asset management group; Bruce E. Goodwin, assistant vice president, branch banking division; Joseph Ittner, assistant vice president, commercial lending division; and Stuart Matthai, assistant vice president, finance division. * W. C. Pinkard & Co. Inc., a commercial real estate firm, announced that Andrew J. Smith has joined the firm as a sales and leasing associate specializing in office properties in the Baltimore/Washington corridor. The firm also announced that David J. Downey Jr. has been promoted to vice president and Peter W. Stanford to assistant vice president.
On the board
* Downtown Baltimore Child Care Inc. announced that Lewis Goldman has been elected president and Lydia Vandenbergh, vice president. Named board members were Ed Boyer and Sharon Grinell.
* Redland Brick Inc. appointed John A. Latimer III to its board of directors.
* Schiller, Holinsky & Gardyn, P.A. elected Brad C. Thompson to its board of directors.
* The Maryland Podiatric Medical Association elected Dr. Ira Gottlieb and Dr. David Samuels to its executive board.