* Appraisal Resources announced that Joseph T. Loverde, the company's co-founder and vice president, has been licensed as a Certified Residential Appraiser by the state of Maryland.
* Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. announced that Eleanor Balaban and Bradley Rozansky of the firm's Bethesda/Hampden Square office have been awarded "The Big One." The award is the office's monthly prize for the most number of transactions for the month.
On the move
* The Morgan Financial Group Inc., a Baltimore-based insurance agency, announced that Constantine Demos has joined the firm as an associate.
* Frederick CoHousing will hold a slide show and orientation at 2 p.m. today at Federated Charities Meeting Room, 22 S. Market St. in Frederick. The presentation will provide an overview of CoHousing in general, as well as more detail on the status of the Frederick group.
Admission is free. Information: (410) 435-0996 or (301) 662-3218.
* The Resolution Trust Corp. will be conducting a commercial and residential real estate auction of properties in the Eastern Maryland area beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday in Annapolis. These properties are located in Annapolis, Easton, Salisbury, Ocean City and Fenwick Island. Auctions are open to the public.
Information: (800) 778-7653.
The East Baltimore Midway Community Development Corp. Inc. will be sponsoring a free homebuyers seminar from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Waverly branch of the Enoch Pratt Free Library, 400 E. 33rd St.
Reservations and information: (410) 243-0660.
Send notices for the Real Estate section's "In Brief" listing to:
Real Estate News
501 N. Calvert St.
Baltimore, Md. 21278
Notices should be typewritten, double spaced, on an officiabusiness or organizational letterhead. Please include the full name of the organization and the contact person's full name and telephone number.