Sean Armstrong scored two goals to lead Friends past visiting Cardinal Gibbons, 3-1, in a Maryland Scholastic Association A Conference Division II game yesterday.
Justin Reis added a goal and an assist for the Quakers (5-1).
* Loyola 2, Boys' Latin 1: Junior forward Jason Rickel scored both goals to lead Loyola (2-2, 2-0) over host Boys' Latin (2-1, 0-1) in an MSA A Conference game.
The winning goal came in the second half, as Mike O'Neill assisted with a cross pass and Rickel headed the ball from 12 yards out into the upper right corner of the goal.
Chris Turner scored for Boys' Latin.
* John Carroll 1, St. Paul's 0: Senior Joe Hughes scored his first career goal to lift visiting John Carroll (3-1, 2-0) over St. Paul's in an MSA A Conference game.
Hughes, who is normally a fullback, substituted in the second half at forward. The right-footed Hughes took a pass from Mark O'Connor and scored left-footed.
* Severn 2, St. Mary's 1: Senior halfback Brian Hill scored two goals to lead Severn (2-2, 1-0) past visiting St. Mary's (2-2, 0-2) in an MSA A Conference game. Sophomore Jeb Bender made 15 saves.
* Granite Baptist 2, Elkton 1: Junior striker Ben Baab scored both goals for host Granite Baptist (3-2). Senior Eric Nettle made eight saves for Granite Baptist.
* Gilman 3, McDonogh 1: Junior forward Corey Popham scored two goals to lead host Gilman (2-1, 1-1) over McDonogh (1-2, 0-2) in an MSA A Conference game. Sophomore halfback Jay Homa also scored for the Greyhounds.
* Southern-B 7, Mervo 2: Six Southern players scored in a romp over host Mervo (0-2). Joe Turner led the Bulldogs (1-1) with a goal and four assists.
* Arlington Baptist 6, Montrose 2: Arlington Baptist erupted with a four-goal second half. Paul Durso, Jared Watson, Andy Booker each had a goal and an assist for Arlington Baptist.