* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 1900 block of W. Fayette St. was in the 200 block of N. Monroe St. Tuesday night when he was shot in the left shoulder by a man armed with a sawed-off shotgun. The victim was taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center. The gunman escaped.
* BURGLARY: Western District -- Someone entered the Edmondson Medical Clinic in the 1000 block of Edmondson Ave. between last Friday and Wednesday and stole an EKG machine, a telephone answering machine and a telephone, all valued at nearly $3,200.
* THEFT: Central District -- A resident of the 3700 block of Erdman Ave. was walking in the 200 block of E. Pratt St. Wednesday afternoon when a man ripped a watch from her wrist. The watch was valued at more than $1,000.
* THEFT: Central District -- Someone stole a bicycle valued at $200 that was left unattended at Mosher and Bolton streets in Bolton Hill Wednesday. The bike was the property of a resident of the 1500 block of Bolton St.
* ROBBERY: Central District -- Two gunmen robbed the Downtown Locker Room, in the first block of N. Howard St., of nearly $400 and several pieces of clothing Wednesday afternoon.
* STOLEN CAR: Central District -- A 1985 Honda with Maryland tags WHR480 was stolen from the 700 block of W. Monument St. Wednesday.
* ASSAULT: Central District -- A homeless man was panhandling a motorist stopped at a traffic light in the 100 block of Park Ave. Wednesday afternoon when another homeless man walked up behind him and struck him over the head with a length of pipe. The victim was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment. No arrest was made. Police said the incident was over the victim's panhandling in the other man's area.
* BURGLARY: Central District -- Stereo equipment valued at nearly $100 was stolen from a house in the 1200 block of St. Paul St. Wednesday by someone who entered through a door.
* THEFT: Central District -- Someone entered a Pennsylvania resident's car, which was parked in the 600 block of E. Pratt St. Wednesday night, and stole a 35 mm camera, a crucifix and a canvas bag containing several books, all valued at more than $300.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A bicycle valued at $100 was stolen from a house in the 2700 block of St. Paul St. Wednesday afternoon.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1993 Dodge with West Virginia tags 5MJG320 was stolen from the 900 block of Southerly Ave. Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Stereo equipment, a cassette desk and a compact disc player, all valued at more than $1,300, were stolen from a house in the 2500 block of Guilford Ave. Wednesday by someone who entered through a door.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A multispeed bike valued at $300 and owned by a student at Loyola College, in the 4500 block of N. Charles St., was stolen Wednesday evening from a rack in the 4500 block of Millbrook Road.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a house in the 200 block of Northway through a rear door Wednesday and stole a purse containing $4.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A metal box containing an undisclosed sum of money was stolen from a room inside a house in the 700 block of McCabe Ave. The theft occurred several days ago but wasn't reported until Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Someone entered Vinzinni's pizza in the 2100 block of W. Patapsco Ave. through a rear door early Wednesday. It was not immediately known whether any property was taken.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 600 block of Park Ave. was walking away from a 24-hour bank machine in the 5700 block of Wabash Ave. Wednesday after withdrawing money when two men, one with a handgun, demanded his wallet. The men escaped with an undisclosed sum of money.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Property valued at more than $2,000 was stolen from a house in the 2600 block of Gatehouse Drive Tuesday or Wednesday by someone who entered through a door.
* BURGLARY: Parkville District -- Police were seeking a man who entered a trailer parked in the rear of the Kmart store at the North Plaza Mall in the 8900 block of Waltham Woods Road early Wednesday morning and stole soft drinks valued at nearly $200. The man left the property behind when he spotted a police car on the mall parking lot. Also found on the lot was a 1991 Oldsmobile that had been stolen and was believed to be the thief's getaway car.
* BURGLARY: Parkville District -- Someone entered a newly built home in the first block of Cedar Chip Court Tuesday or Wednesday and stole appliances, lighting fixtures and appliances, all valued at nearly $4,700.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- Nearly $2,000 was stolen from a house in the first block of Stone Falls Court Wednesday.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- Someone entered a house in the first block of Robin Ridge Court while the elderly residents were on vacation between July 3 and July 22 and stole more than $7,000. The theft was not reported until Wednesday.