Learn to pirouette, cook, or make that dog behave
The Harper's Choice Community Association will offer a variety of classes during the fall at Kahler Hall. Information: 730-3888.
* Several Adult Ballet, Introduction to Ballet for 4- and 5-year-olds, Ballet I, Ballet II, Ballet III, Preteen, Teen and Pointe classes with instructors Theresa Hermann and Meridee Levy will begin Monday.
* Two calligraphy classes with Sandy Olson will be offered. Continuous calligraphy will meet at 6:30 p.m. Mondays beginning next Monday. A beginners class will meet at 9:30 a.m. Fridays beginning Sept. 17. Participants will learn basic letter forms and experiment with pens, inks and alphabets.
* Chinese cooking classes with instructor Tai-Ching Chu will meet from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays beginning next Monday for five weeks. Participants will learn how to prepare egg rolls, fired wontons, fried rice and lo-mein. The fee is $35.
* Several dog obedience classes with instructors Kathy Caplan and Joyce Decker for puppies, and beginners and advanced dogs will be offered Mondays beginning next Monday for eight weeks. The fee for puppies and beginners is $68; the fee for advanced classes is $58.
* Funfit Creative Movement classes with instructor Maddi Cheers for 3 to 5-year-olds will meet from 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Mondays and from 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Thursdays beginning next week for 10 weeks. The class will feature activities that help develop coordination and muscle tone. The fee is $42.
* Hatha Yoga with Howard Schwartzberg will meet from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Fridays beginning Oct. 1 for five weeks. The fee is $42.
* Porcelain Doll Making will meet from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursdays beginning Sept. 23 for six weeks. Participants will learn how to prepare greenware for firing, techniques of face painting and how to assemble their own dolls. The fee is $32 plus $65 for doll materials.
* Children's piano lessons taught in a small group will begin Monday for six weeks.
Piano for Tots for 4 to 6-year-olds will meet from 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays. The fee is $38.
Beginner piano for 7- to 10-year-olds will meet from 5:15 p.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays. The fee is $56.
A preschool Sing and Dance Along Class will meet from 2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. Mondays. The fee is $38.
* Continuous Jazzercise with Rene Thomas will meet from 6:25 p.m. to 7:25 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. The fee is $32 for eight weeks; drop-in classes are $5 each. There also will be a free Open House at 6:25 p.m. Sept. 15.
* Continuous Jacki's Dancing Aerobics classes will meet from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. weekdays and from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning next week for 14 weeks. The fee is $92 for two classes per week.
* A continuous "First Time Mom's Group" will meet from noon to 1:30 p.m. Mondays beginning Sept. 20.
* Town Center: 5500 block of Sterrett Place: Someone broke into an office building Sunday or Monday and took a small amount of cash from one office while attempting to pry open the doors to two other offices.