* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A 19-year-old resident of the 1000 block of E. Federal St. is listed in critical but stable condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital after being wounded in the abdomen with a shotgun by one of three men in the 700 block of E. 23rd St. late Wednesday night.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A Kawasaki motorcycle owned by a resident of the 6200 block of York Road was stolen from the 5900 block of York Road between Tuesday and Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Western District -- Someone entered This & That Confectionery in the 2300 block of Fulton Ave. Wednesday morning by removing a metal grate from the front door and stole $300 worth of various brands of cigarettes.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A resident of the 900 block of Bennett Place was in the 1500 block of Edmondson Ave. early Wednesday morning when she was knocked to the pavement by three men who robbed her of $40.
* THEFT: Western District -- A 32-foot aluminum ladder valued at $200 and the property of an out-of-town stain glass company was stolen Wednesday from the 200 block of N. Fremont Ave.
* BURGLARY: Western District -- A case of disposable diapers and two stereo receivers were stolen from a house in the 2200 block of Ruskin Ave. Wednesday by someone who entered through the front door.
* BURGLARY: Western District -- Furniture, a kitchen sink and cabinets, all valued at nearly $1,500, were stolen from a house in the 2700 block of W. North Ave. Wednesday by someone who entered through the rear door.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 1900 block of Walbrook Ave. was in the 4000 block of Park Heights Ave. Wednesday when a man with a butcher knife robbed him of $50.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A gunman robbed a resident of the 2300 block of Garrison Boulevard of his bike Wednesday near the victim's home.
* ARRESTS: Northwestern District -- Police arrested two teen-aged boys after they fired several shots at a house in the 5200 block of Norwood Ave. early Wednesday morning. No injuries were reported.
* ROBBERY/ARREST: Towson District -- A 24-year-old city man was arrested Wednesday afternoon and charged with robbing the Fire & Ice jewelry store at the Towson Town Center in the 800 block of Dulaney Valley Road of more than $20,000 worth of jewelry. During the robbery, a man with a gun bound a 33-year-old female employee. The woman freed herself and ran next door to the Knot Shop and reported the robbery. Moments later, police arrested a suspect on the parking lot and recovered the jewelry. Charged with armed robbery, assault, using a deadly weapon in the commission of a felony and being held in lieu of $50,000 bond is John Thomas Leach, of the 600 block of E. 41st St.
* ESCAPE: Towson District -- Police were seeking a Detention Center inmate who failed to return Wednesday evening from his work-release job at Atlas Heating & Cooling in the 4300 block of Belmar St. The inmate, Thomas Corley, 39, was to have returned around 6:30 p.m. It was not immediately known for what offense he was serving time.
* THEFT: Towson District -- Two men entered a dwelling in the 1000 block of Donnington Circle Wednesday through a trick after requesting money from the occupant so they could purchase insurance for their father. Several hours after the men left, the occupant realized that several thousand dollars in cashiers checks and more than $1,000 in jewelry were missing.
* THEFT: Towson District -- A 1988 Honda Hurricane motorcycle valued at more than $4,000 and with Maryland tags 6315D4 was stolen Wednesday from the 1000 block of Donnington Circle.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $1,000 may be paid for information.