2 Taneytown women arrested after confrontation One found husband at the other's house


Teresa L. Crabill, wearing 18 stitches in her scalp after being hit with a rock, got a warrant for the arrest of Angela Mathias on Monday night.

But Mrs. Crabill herself was arrested the next night. Police say Mrs. Crabill went to Mrs. Mathias' house Tuesday evening and fired two shots from a .38-caliber revolver.

No one was injured.

Police said that during both incidents involving the two Taneytown women, Mrs. Crabill found her husband, Robert A. Crabill, with Mrs. Mathias.

Taneytown Police Chief Melvin Diggs said yesterday that the fracas started Monday night when Mrs. Crabill, 28, who lives in the first block of George St., went to the home of Mrs. Mathias, 23, in the first block of Red Tulip Court, where she met her husband and Mrs. Mathias.

After a confrontation between the women, Mrs. Mathias asked Mrs. Crabill to leave, police said, and allegedly struck her in the head with a rock.

Mrs. Crabill was taken to Carroll County General Hospital, where the wound was closed with 18 sutures. After Mrs. Crabill was released, police said, she obtained a warrant for the arrest of Mrs. Mathias.

Before action could be taken on the assault warrant, Mrs. Crabill returned to the home of Mrs. Mathias about 8:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Again finding her husband there, police say, Mrs. Crabill fired TC shot while inside the house, then went outside and shouted, "I'm going to kill everyone in there" and fired a second bullet through the front window.

According to the police report, she got into a car and drove to her home about six blocks away, where she ran the car into a fence. Sgt. Gregory Woelfel, of the Taneytown police department, had been called about the shooting and arrested Mrs. Crabill.

Sergeant Woelfel said the woman was unsteady on her feet, mumbled when he tried to talk to her, and was operating an unlicensed car on a suspended driver's license.

A .38-caliber revolver was found on the seat of the automobile, police said in court records.

Mrs. Crabill was charged with two counts each of assault with intent to kill, reckless endangerment, assault, theft of the gun from the home of a neighbor on George Street and use of a handgun in commission of a felony.

Traffic charges of driving while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and operating an unlicensed vehicle also were lodged.

Mrs. Crabill was released on $50,000 bond.

Mrs. Mathias was arrested yesterday morning by Chief Diggs, charged in the Monday night assault and released on $5,000 unsecured bond, according to court documents.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad