Mount Airy is best-appearing fire company at Winfield parade
The Winfield and Community Volunteer Fire Department had its annual parade last week as part of its carnival. The following HTC entries were awarded cash prizes:
* Best-appearing company overall (two or more units): Mount Airy.
* Best-appearing pumper in Carroll County: Reese.
* Best-appearing pumper out of Carroll County: first place, Libertytown, Frederick County; second place, Boring, Baltimore County.
* Best-appearing brush unit: Libertytown.
* Company coming the longest distance: first place, Middle River, Baltimore County; second place, Brunswick, Frederick County.
* Best-appearing special unit (ambulance, rescue, etc.): first place, Savage, Howard County; second place, Clarksville, Howard County.
* Best-appearing ladies auxiliary: Carroll County.
* Best-appearing organization: Brownie Troop 300.
* Best-appearing majorette groups: first place, Gold Star; second place, High Voltage.
* Judges Award: Thurmont Ambulance, Frederick County.
* Best-appearing fire prevention float: first place, Pleasant Valley; second place, Mount Airy.
* Best-appearing float: first place, Sam's Creek 4-H Club; second place, Ebenezer Church.
* Best-appearing antique car or truck: first place, 1930 Model A Ford pickup; second place, Liberty Street Rod.