Fire destroyed a house trailer in the 8400 block of Forest Stream Club Road in Detour about 8 p.m. Friday night, causing no injuries but leaving a family of seven homeless.
"The trailer and the contents were totally destroyed," said James Salley, chief of the Taneytown fire company. "We think [the fire] was electrical."
A malfunctioning air conditioner may have caused the blaze, he said. He said an early estimate said damage amounted to about $15,000.
Scott Knox, director of the Westminster office of the American Red Cross, said the occupants, the Hagan family, spent Friday night with relatives in Frederick.
About 50 firefighters and 12 pieces of equipment responded to the blaze, which was brought under control in about 45 minutes, Mr. Salley said.
Fire companies from Taneytown, Rocky Ridge, Union Bridge, New Midway and Winfield fought the fire, while the Harney company covered for Taneytown.