A 14-year-old Westminster youth was arrested after he was treated at Carroll County General Hospital for inhaling an ozone airbrush propellant.
The youth, whose name was not released because of his age, was charged as a juvenile with one count of inhaling a harmful substance; he was seen staggering from a garage in the rear of a house on Webster Street on Saturday.
Police said the boy had inhaled the propellant "to get a high," began vomiting and then passed out. The youth regained consciousness before he was taken to the hospital.
Two 13-year-old boys, who also allegedly inhaled a small amount of the propellant, also were charged as juveniles with one inhaling count each. They did not require hospital treatment, police said.
An official at the Maryland Poison Control Center said an airbrush propellant of the type allegedly used by the youth could cause inflammation of the lungs and other respiratory problems.
All three of the juveniles were released in the custody of their parents pending further proceedings in juvenile court.