* Active8 Inc., a full-service communications firm specializing in multimedia and interactive design and production, named Garvey Stenersen assistant to the president. He will be responsible for project management, client development and public relations.
* Agency Services Inc. appointed Christian G. Hagen III chief information officer.
* Boat/U.S. Annapolis Marine Center named Rick Johnson manager.
* Columbus Center Development Inc., the $160 million marine research, training and exhibition facility currently under construction at Piers 5 and 6 of Baltimore's Inner Harbor, named Treopia Washington science education administrator. * Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf, Hendler & Sameth, a Baltimore-based law firm, named F. Kirk Kolodner senior associate.
* Berman Goldman & Ribakow, certified public accountants, named John J. Stamerro general partner.
* Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc., a Baltimore-based investment firm, named Joseph M. Fuggi, Gary T. Padussis and Fred P. Yoder retirement plan consultants.
* Piper & Marbury named Francis X. Markey and David N. Baumann partners in its Washington office.
* Stout, Causey & Horning, P.A., a Timonium-based full-service certified public accounting firm that specializes in state and local tax consulting and compensation and employee benefits consulting, appointed Melinda Gunther-Sonne a staff accountant.
Advertising and PR
Gray Kirk/VanSant, a Baltimore-based advertising and public relations firm, named Sherri Katz print production supervisor and Patty Brozik a print production buyer.
* Nevins and Associates, an Owings Mills-based marketing, advertising, public relations and customer service firm, appointed Sharon Nevins vice president of its advertising division.
* Blakehurst, a life-care retirement community in Towson, appointed Dr. Daniel Sapir medical director and Carolyn Kilgore admissions coordinator at Chestnut Green, its on-site health center.
* Taylor Manor Hospital, a private psychiatric hospital in Ellicott City, announced the following staff appointments: Morris L. Scherr, executive vice president and chief operating officer; Douglas Peddicord, Ph.D., director of adult services; Swaran Dhawan, director of admission services; Mark E. Scanga, information systems manager, and Pamela T. Causey, director of public information and education.
* A. G. Edwards & Sons Inc., a St. Louis-based brokerage and investment banking firm, named Nancy J. Eshmont of the firm's Baltimore office vice president -- investments.
* Chase Bank of Maryland announced the following appointments: Sandra Cosentino, assistant vice president and relationship manager for the personal banking group; Anthony Gallo, assistant vice president in the commercial and institutional division; Edward Kiper Jr., sales officer in the direct lending division; Robert McDermott, credit support officer in the indirect lending division; Lucius Sanford Jr., investment specialist at the Pikesville branch, and Robert Searle, vice president in charge of home equity credit at the Hunt Valley Operations Center. * George E. Golomb, a Baltimore attorney specializing in civil litigation and employment law, has been appointed to serve on the Board of Editors of Federal Litigation Guide Reporter.
* Foster & Green, a Baltimore-based full service advertising agency, has added Public Opinion, a daily newspaper in Chambersburg, Pa., to its list of clients.
* Nicholas & Associates Inc., an employee benefit consulting firm providing financial management, actuarial and administrative services, has been retained by Belfort Instrument Company to do participant record keeping and perform administrative services of its 401(k) Plan.
* Weinberg Harris & Associates Inc., a Timonium-based full-service certified public accounting firm that specializes in state and local tax consulting and compensation benefits consulting, has added the following to its marketing and public relations accounts: Stout, Causey & Hroning, P.A.; Heavenly Ham; the Maryland State Games and The Magic Penny Program.