Three high school students have been awarded cash prizes for their winning logo designs for the Carroll County Women's Fair.
Winners were Stephen Turner of Liberty High School, $100 for first place; Jenna Phillips of South Carroll High, $75 for second place; and Aimee Cummings of South Carroll High, $50 for third place.
The organization invited all Carroll County high school art students to submit logo designs that depicted some of the goals of the Carroll County Women's Fair:
* To bring women of all ages, nationalities and religions together.
* To provide information about local services and organizations for women.
* To provide a forum where issues of concern to women can be discussed.
* To promote the equality of women and the quality of life for women.
* To promote networking between organizations and businesses for women.
* To encourage leadership by local women.
Twenty-five entries were received, according to Cherie Jenkins, coordinator of the logo contest. The Sun for Carroll County sponsored the contest.