* SUSPICIOUS FIRE: Northwestern District -- Several people were forced from their home in the 2900 block of Rockrose Ave. early yesterday morning when a fire that appeared to have been set destroyed the rear porch and spread upward to the roof. No injuries were reported in the 3:30 a.m. fire that was declared under control in 30 minutes. The fire is being investigated.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 2700 block of Pelham Ave. Tuesday and stole property valued at nearly $2,700.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Property valued at nearly $1,000 was stolen from a house in the 1700 block of Lakeside Ave. between July 3 and Tuesday by someone who entered through a door.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1985 Pontiac with Maryland license plates WLN324 was stolen from the 300 block of W. 32nd St. between Monday and Tuesday.
* BURGLARY: Southeastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 2000 block of E. Pratt St. through a rear kitchen door Tuesday and stole a television.
* BURGLARY: Southeastern District -- Property valued at nearly $1,800 was stolen from a house in the first block of S. Ellwood Ave. Tuesday by someone who entered through the front door.
* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 100 block of N. Fulton Ave. is listed in serious condition at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center after being shot in the chest by a gunman during an incident near his home Tuesday afternoon. No arrest had been made.
* CARJACKING: Western District -- A resident of the 2100 block of Vine St. was in the 1800 block of Franklin St. Tuesday night when a gunman forced his way into the man's 1990 Nissan 300ZX and told him to drive off. About 20 minutes later, the victim stopped the car and jumped out. As the victim fled the scene, the gunman drove off in his car.
* STOLEN CAR: Southwestern District -- A 1986 Pontiac with Maryland license plates 2HG447 was stolen from the 1400 block of Poplar Grove St. Tuesday.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Property valued at $200 was stolen from a house in the 400 block of S. Furrow St. sometime Tuesday by someone who entered through a front window.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- A resident of the first block of Strabane Court in Doncaster Village reported to police Tuesday that someone entered her bedroom during a weekend party and stole a compact disc player, money, a necklace and two rings, all valued at nearly $600.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Jewelry valued at more than $1,000 was stolen from a house in the 1400 block of Wentworth Ave. between Monday and Tuesday.
* BURGLARY: Towson District -- Someone entered the office of Greenhorne & O'Mara Inc. in the 100 block of West Road over the July 4 holiday weekend and stole computer equipment valued at $300.
* ROBBERY: Cockeysville District -- A man who covered one hand with a towel as though he was concealing a handgun robbed Tom's Shell mini-mart in the 11200 block of York Road of less than $100 about 1 a.m. yesterday and escaped on foot.
* SCHOOL BURGLARY: Cockeysville District -- Someone entered the Ridgely Elementary School in the 100 block of Ridgely Road in Timonium between July 2 and Tuesday and stole two pieces of computer equipment and a microwave oven, all valued at more than $4,000.
* THEFT: Cockeysville District -- Someone entered a room inside a house in the 100 block of Castletown Road between June 1 and July 6 and stole $8,000 worth of U.S. savings bonds.
* THEFT FROM BOAT: Joppa -- A resident of the 1500 block of Mountain Road reported that someone entered his cabin cruiser while it was docked at Broad Creek off the 4400 block of Patrick Road over the July 4 weekend and stole eight life jackets, an anchor, several boat fenders and other property, all valued at nearly $250.
* THEFT: Rumsey Island -- Someone entered a 1989 Porsche parked in the first block of Old Sound Road between July 2 and Tuesday and stole an AM-FM cassette stereo radio with booster, all valued at $600.