* ASSAULT: Western District -- Police were seeking a woman who threw a pot of boiling water on a resident of the 2300 block of Whittier Ave. during an argument in the victim's home Tuesday night. The victim was treated at the Liberty Medical Center for burns.
* ROBBERY/ARREST: Western District -- Police arrested a man and were holding him at the station pending charges he robbed a resident of the 400 block of New Pittsburgh Ave. in eastern Baltimore County of $60 in the 1900 block of Edmondson Ave. Tuesday night.
* ROBBERY/ARREST: Western District -- A man armed with a shotgun robbed Whitty's carryout in the 1500 block of W. Baltimore St. of an undisclosed sum Tuesday night. Later, police arrested a suspect in the robbery and were holding him at the station pending charges.
* SHOOTING: Western District -- A resident of the 600 block of N. Bentalou St. was sitting in front of a house in the 1000 block of N. Stricker St. at 3 a.m. Tuesday when he was shot. The victim was taken to the University of Maryland Medical Center for treatment of a minor wound.
* CARJACKING TRY: Western District -- A resident of the 4000 block of Colbourne Road was driving in the 600 block of N. Payson St. about 4 p.m. Tuesday when he was forced to stop for two men who attempted to steal his car after assaulting him. The motorist drove off and later was treated at Bon Secours Hospital.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A bike rider, who lives in the 500 block of Brice St., was assaulted as he cycled near his home Tuesday night. The assailant took the bicycle.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- A TV and stereo equipment, all valued at nearly $1,400, were stolen from a house in the 3400 block of Mondawmin Ave. Monday.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 3800 block of Reisterstown Road Monday and stole property valued at more than $2,000.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A man entered the Royal Farms store in the first block of E. 33rd St. Sunday and stole a small sum from the cash register.
* THEFT: Northern District -- Two swan-shaped planters containing petunias and valued at $35 were stolen from a porch in the 2500
block of Guilford Ave. Sunday.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- A shotgun and several shells were stolen from a house in the 4000 block of Kathland Ave. Monday.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A VCR was stolen over the weekend from a Johns Hopkins University student lounge in the 3300 block of N. Charles St.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A VCR and video games, all valued at $2,000, were stolen from a house in the 2600 block of Maryland Ave. by someone who entered through a basement window Sunday night.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A resident of the 2500 block of Keyworth Ave. was robbed of $10 and keys by a gunman in the 4000 block of Cottage Ave. over the weekend.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A gunman robbed the Roy Rogers fast-food outlet in the 500 block of W. 29th St. of an undisclosed sum Sunday afternoon.
* THEFT: Northern District -- A pedigree German shepherd valued at $500 was stolen from the back yard of a house in the 2600 block of Park Heights Ave. Sunday.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- Two men robbed a resident of the 400 block of W. 24th St. of his wallet and more than $500 in the 2400 block of N. Charles St. Sunday night.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- A gunman robbed a resident of the 3000 block of Normount Court of $20 in the 800 block of Glade Court Monday night.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- An out of town resident was in the first block of W. Cross St. late Monday night when he was robbed of $25.
* ROBBERY: Southern District -- Two men, one with a handgun, robbed a resident of the 100 block of S. Schroeder St. of $35 in the 1200 block of Sergeant St. Tuesday.
* BURGLARY: Parkville District -- Someone entered a house in the 3300 block of Garnet Road Monday afternoon through a rear door and stole a CB radio, school ring and several old coins, all valued at more than $600.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.