* ARMED ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Eastern District -- A man armed with a handgun robbed another man of $40 about 11:30 Saturday night in the 500 block of E. Preston St.
* SHOOTING: A man was shot several times when he grabbed the gun of another man was who trying to rob him yesterday morning, police said. The victim was treated at Johns Hopkins Hospital, where he was listed in good condition yesterday. Police said two men approached the victim in the 1000 block of Castle St. about 4:15 a.m. and demanded money. When the victim grabbed the gun, the man fired several times. No arrests were reported.
* ARMED ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Eastern District -- A woman walking in the 1300 block of N. Wolfe St. yesterday was robbed of an unspecified amount of money by a man armed with a knife.
* BURGLARY: Eastern District -- Someone broke into a home in the 2300 block of E. Federal St. between 8 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Saturday and stole a VCR worth $250. Police said the thief entered the home by breaking down a rear door.
* THEFT: Northeastern District -- Someone stole a 20-inch, 10-speed bicycle from the 3600 block of E. Northern Parkway yesterday between noon and 2:15 p.m.
* ATTEMPTED BREAKING AND ENTERING: Northwestern District -- A woman sitting in her home in the 3900 block of Fordleigh Road Saturday afternoon heard a noise, investigated and through a window saw a man trying to open her front door with a key. She called police about 2:30 p.m., but the man ran away before officers arrived.
* ARMED ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A man walking in the 5400 block of Reisterstown Road yesterday was robbed by two men, one of whom asked for the time while the companion took out a handgun. Police said the robbery occurred about 1:45 a.m. A total of $84 was reported taken.
* LARCENY: Northwestern District -- Someone opened a
passenger-side door of a 1988 Dodge parked in the 3800 block of Fallstaff Road about 1:15 a.m. yesterday and stole a purse containing $60 in cash.
* ARMED ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Western District -- A man standing on a street corner in the 2000 block of W. Baltimore St. yesterday was robbed of $450 worth of jewelry by another man who threatened him with a handgun.
* BREAKING AND ENTERING: Western District -- Someone forced open a rear basement door of a home in the 1300 block of Harlem Ave. between 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Saturday and stole a television set and a stereo worth $450.
* AGGRAVATED ASSAULT: Western District -- Several juveniles jumped a man for no apparent reason Saturday about 10 p.m. in the 600 block of N. Monroe St. and beat him with baseball bats. Police said the man was released after treatment at Bon Secours Hospital for cuts and bruises.
* LARCENY: Southwestern District -- Someone took a bicycle worth $150 from the front of a home in the 2300 block of Frederick Ave. yesterday about 12:30 p.m.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Someone kicked open the front door of Judy G's convenience store, in the 1100 block of Haverhill Road, and stole a cash register worth $150.
* ARMED ROBBERY: Southern District -- A man walked into a Taco Bell restaurant in the 2300 block of W. Patapsco Ave. Saturday night about 9:45, handed the cashier a note demanding money and got away with $120.
* ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Southern District -- Three men knocked another man off his moped Saturday about 11:30 p.m. in the 2100 block of W. Patapsco Ave. and stole the bike, worth $1,000.
* ARMED ASSAULT AND ROBBERY: Southern District -- A man pretending to have a handgun stole a 10-speed bicycle worth $50 from another man yesterday about 2:30 a.m. The robbery occurred in the 400 block of S. Payson St.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Someone broke into a trailer used to store items for a local flea market sometime between May 9 and yesterday. Police said locks were cut off the trailer, which was parked in the 1400 block of W. Patapsco Ave. An unknown amount of merchandise was taken.