* MacKenzie/O'Conor, Piper & Flynn Construction Corp. recently won the Baltimore Metropolitan Chapter Associated Builders and Contractors Outstanding Project Award for Interior Fitout/Tenant Improvement up to $350,000. The award was for tenant improvement work done at the Pupkin Dental Office, 21 Crossroads Drive in Owings Mills. An environment was created that reflected "the professionalism" of the treatment facility while "providing a calming effect for its patients."
John McDonough Builders has relocated to an office at 4785 Dorsey Hall Drive, which will serve as its corporate headquarters. The company now has 60 percent more space.
Gracia Friesema, a sales agent for RE/Max Advantage Realty in Howard County, has been awarded the GRI designation by the Realtors Institute of Maryland. Ms. Friesema received the award after completing 90 hours of education outlined by the National Association of Realtors.
ON THE MOVE
Yorktown Homes, a Howard County-based luxury home builder, has appointed Gerald W. Halsor sales manager.
* The Prudential Preferred Properties appointed Sue Pakulla manager of its Perry Hall office.
* Coldwell Banker Baltimore/Washington region named Monika Newman assistant vice president/administration and Betty Cochran manager of its Potomac office.
* Blakehurst, a Life Care Services Corp. development under construction in the Towson area, named Roberta Sanville executive director.
* W. C. Pinkard & Co. Inc./Colliers International announced that Philip C. Iglehart will join the firm as a principal. He will oversee the firm's institutional real estate activities.
* Ryland, a Columbia-based homebuilder and mortgage finance company, named Ann Ivester president of Cornerstone Tile Co.
Send notices for the Real Estate section's "In Brief" listing to:
Real Estate News
501 N. Calvert St.
Baltimore, Md. 21278
Notices should be typewritten, double spaced, on an official business or organizational letterhead. Please include the full name of the organization and the contact person's full name and telephone number. Photographs of promoted or award-winning employees are welcome.