* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- A resident of the 8600 block of Silver Meadow Road was walking toward her car in the 6800 block of McClean Blvd. Wednesday afternoon when a gunman robbed her of her purse containing cash and property.
* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- Two men attacked a resident of the 1700 block of Abbotston St. while he walked near his home Wednesday afternoon and robbed him of a carrying bag containing property of unknown value.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Someone entered Mercy High School in the 1300 block of E. Northern Parkway between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole about $100 in coins from a juice vending machine.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Three VCRs, two video games and tapes for each game, all valued at nearly $1,600, were stolen from a house in the 5700 block of Nasco Place Wednesday morning.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 2000 block of Woodbourne Ave. between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning through the front door and stole a TV, " stereo equipment, a compact disc player and several discs, all valued at more than $800.
* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A gunman was at the corner of Gay and Federal streets shortly after 3 a.m. Thursday when he accosted a resident of the 2900 block of Clifton Ave. and shot him in the upper leg. The gunman escaped, and the victim was taken by ambulance to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center for treatment. Police knew of no motive for the shooting.
* BURGLARY/ARRESTS: Central District -- Two men were arrested after they entered a house in the 2200 block of Eutaw Place Wednesday night after a fire there Tuesday night and attempted to steal a window air-conditioner. Charged with burglary were Samuel Ford, 36, of the 2500 block of Druid Park Drive, and Thomas Baxter, 32, of the 1300 block of N. Gilmor St.
* STOLEN CAR: Central District -- A 1984 Ford Mustang owned by a resident of the 1000 block of Ready Ave. and with Maryland plates TPT542 was stolen from the 500 block of Dolphin St. Wednesday night.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone entered a dentist's office in the 4400 block of Park Heights Ave. through a door between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole property valued at nearly $2,000.
* ASSAULT: Southern District -- Police were seeking a man known as "Bone" who attacked a resident of the 800 block of Carroll St. outside his home on May 12 and struck him several times with a baseball bat. The attack, police said, was because the victim had witnessed the suspect steal property earlier and had warned him not to take the property. The victim was released from Maryland Shock Trauma Center after treatment.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Someone entered a house in the 100 block of W. Cross St. between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and stole a cable box and two VCRs, all valued at more than $800.
* RAPE: Southwestern District -- Police were seeking a 24-year-old man who raped a woman in the 4800 block of Frederick Road Tuesday night. The woman was taken to Mercy Medical Center for treatment.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- A VCR valued at $200 was stolen from an apartment in the 200 block of Atholgate Lane Tuesday. * BURGLARY:BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Someone entered a house in the 3600 block of Edmondson Ave. Wednesday and stole a VCR and movie tapes, all valued at $200.
* STOLEN CAR: Southwestern District -- Someone stole a 1985 Toyota with Maryland plates AJV336 from the 3200 block of Westmont Court Wednesday.
* THEFT: Southwestern District -- Someone entered the back yard of a house in the 1100 block of Ashburton St. over the weekend and stole a bike valued at $125.
* BURGLARY: Southwestern District -- Stereo equipment valued at more than $900 was stolen from a house in the 3200 block of Walbrook Ave. Wednesday.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- Two men, one with a handgun, robbed a resident of the 400 block of Poplar Grove St. of jewelry valued at $300 as he walked near his home Tuesday night.
* CARJACKING: Southwestern District -- A motorist from the 600 block of Wicklow Road was stopped in the 400 block of Yale Ave. about 4 a.m. Wednesday when a man forced him out of his 1982 Toyota and drove off. The car, with Maryland plates ADM426, had not been found.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- Two original paintings by Roland Perry and reportedly valued at $125,000 were stolen from a home in the 12800 block of Long Green Pike. The paintings, "Original of Roses" and "Mrs. Cole as a Child," were reported missing Wednesday by Christine Cole, 57, after she discovered the theft of a chain saw on her property.
* ROBBERY: Woodlawn District -- A bald-headed gunman wearing baggy jeans pants and a jeans jacket robbed the Royal Farms store in the 1600 block of Forest Park Ave. of an undisclosed sum of money Wednesday and escaped on foot.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- A chain saw valued at $400 was stolen from a barn at Hydes landscaping in the 12800 block of Long Green Pike Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Parkville District -- Someone entered a house in the 3600 block of Double Rock Lane between Tuesday night and Wednesday evening morning by kicking in a door and ransacked several rooms looking for money or property of value. The break-in was discovered by neighbors watching the house while the occupants are away. It was not immediately known if any property was missing.
* THEFT: Parkville District -- A multi-speed bike valued at $300 was stolen from outside a store at the North Plaza Mall in the 8800 block of Waltham Woods Road while its owner was shopping.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $1,000 may be paid for information.