Severna Park (15-4) banged out 15 hits and defeated Patterson (13-6), 11-0, in a Class 4A, Region IV semifinal softball game yesterday. Falcons pitcher Christy Huber went the distance, giving up three hits and striking out 11.
* Loch Raven 6, Patapsco 5: Senior second baseman Gina Surock hit the game-winning single in the seventh inning to lead No. 14 Loch Raven (15-3) by Patapsco (9-5) in a Class 2A, Region II semifinal.
For the Raiders, Margie Huesman was 3-for-3 including a leadoff double in the second inning and senior right-hander Becky Sutton struck out 12 and gave up five walks.
* Owings Mills 5, Francis Scott Key 3: Junior right-hander Jennifer Ziomek struck out seven and junior third baseman Julia Moretti was 2-for-4 including an RBI single as Owings Mills (12-7) beat Francis Scott Key (8-11) in a Class 1A, Region II semifinal.
* Towson 10, Chesapeake-BC 3: Senior Chrissey Burke (2-for-4) hit a two-run double in the first inning to spark Towson (14-2) to a Class 2A, Region II semifinal victory over visiting Chesapeake-BC.
Junior right-hander Jessica Owens (9-1) pitched a complete game, giving up six hits, three runs and one walk and striking out seven.
* Perry Hall 3, High Point 1: Junior right-hander Becky Baker pitched a one-hitter, giving up one run and one walk and striking out seven, as No. 12 Perry Hall (12-1) defeated visiting High Point in a Class 4A, Region II semifinal.
Baker had the only extra-base hit for the Gators, a one-run triple in the fourth.
* Damascus 10, Northeast 0: Christine Trunnel pitched a complete game, giving up three hits and striking out one, as undefeated defending state champion Damascus (Montgomery County) downed visiting Northeast (10-9) in a Class 2A, Region III semifinal. Damascus put together a four-run third inning and six-run sixth to seal the victory.
Diane Skoda (3-for-3) led Damascus with two RBI and Christy Ford (2-for-4) added one RBI. Damascus will play the winner of Fairmont Heights/Surrattsville.
* Bel Air 11, EVT 9: Bel Air had six hits to EVT's 12 but won the Class 3A, Region II semifinal. Bel Air advanced to tomorrow's final against Dundalk or Catonsville, who play today.
Junior Kerri Hedrick (4-for-4, RBI) led EVT and junior Erin Fitzpatrick (1-for-4) hit a three-run triple.