Bozzuto Homes announced plans this month to launch a second major development at Owings Mills New Town, a 162-unit condominium complex called Silverbrook Wood.
The project is a sequel to the 136-unit Silverbrook Farm community, which opened in 1991 and represented the regional builder's first entry into the Baltimore condominium market.
Silverbrook Farm's success "provided the encouragement to follow up with Silverbrook Wood," said Bozzuto Vice President Richard Boales. "Buyers like the combination," Mr. Boales said, "of the comfort of a full-sized home with the maintenance-free lifestyle of a condominium."
Prices start below $100,000 for Bozzuto's two-bedroom BrookHollow and MillStone models and at $107,990 for its three-bedroom SpringHouse model.
A sales office at Silverbrook Farm is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Maryland's Department of Housing and Community Development has granted more than $6.1 million to help fund construction of 246 apartments for low-income residents in the state.
The agency made loans totaling $4.583 million to help fund construction of Chatham Village, a 93-unit garden apartment complex for low-income renters on Tristan Drive in Easton.
Maryland Housing Research Corp. received the money and is scheduled to complete the apartments by next spring.
The department also lent more than $1.6 million to help fund construction of 153 apartments for low-income elderly renters at 9000 Briarcroft Lane in South Laurel, Prince George's County.
Park View at Snow Hill Limited Partnership is the developer of the project, named Park View. Completion is expected by mid-1994.
"The Architect and the Town," a retrospective of the work by James Wood Burch, an Annapolis architect, will be on display at the Mitchell Gallery of St. Johns College, King George Street and College Avenue in Annapolis, from tomorrow through June 6.
A reception will be held Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The exhibit is mounted by Historic Annapolis Foundation and the Burch Committee Members.
* Koch Associates of Anne Arundel County has begun marketing homes at Swann Point, a luxury home community in the Round Bay area of Severna Park.
Prices begin at $324,900 for the homes, which come in eight models and range in size from 2,600 to 3,300 square feet.
* Charlestown Retirement Community broke ground recently for a $7.5 million Nursing Care Center expansion, which will add 148 private rooms to an existing 122-bed center.
Marks, Thomas & Associates is the architect for the four-story project, slated for completion by February.
* Harvest Homes and Classic Community Corp. recently held a grand opening for the furnished models at Walnut Grove, a 52-unit community on Route 355 near Rockville.
Prices start at $236,400 for the Albemarle model and $249,900 for the Berkshire model.
* H. Girard Ebert, principal of the Baltimore design firm known as Innerspace, has been elected to fellowship in the American Society of Interior Designers.
* Home Depot U.S.A. Inc. plans to open a 102,000-square-foot store by late summer at the corner of U.S. 29 and Cherry Hill Road in Silver Spring. Carey Winston brokered the sale of 17.2 acres for the project. * Virginia Burns and Brenda Hart have joined Papier Interiors as designers and sales consultants.
* Joel Newton has been appointed by Mayor Kurt L. Schmoke to be a special consultant to the Housing Authority of Baltimore City.
* The Enterprise Foundation announced the election of Patty Rouse to vice president and secretary, Ellen Lazar to vice president and assistant secretary, and Richard Hesse to treasurer.
* The Maryland Food Committee purchased 18,000 square feet of office space at 2521 N. Charles St. for its own use. David J. Downey of W. C. Pinkard & Co. represented the buyer. Hanan Y. Sibel was the seller.
* The TGI Friday's food service chain has begun construction of a free-standing restaurant in the Columbia restaurant park at Routes 175 and 108. It will be the third local operation for the company, already in Towson and Annapolis.
* Monica Ann Palmisano has joined Gilbert D. Marsiglia & Co. as a sales associate.